Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    @eclap

Guess time will tell then. :)

Tbh I wasn't overly impressed with AC's business practice of charging for Nords. I understand why they did, I just dont think either parties approach has been that of a paragon of virtue.

Anyway, good to have them both. For me I wanted something with the solo depth more akin to Gran Turismo and pCars finally delivers that for me on PC. AC is great but needs something more compelling in its campaign structure.

2. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    Elcap i will listen harder in ac but then again thats my point if im missing it its because i played your video on my phone! Will probably hear it better on my system! Either way i like the ac sound even if its not as close to the real thing like pc cars!

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, listen to it again on headphones or speakers, think your phone speaker might be clipping the bov or something. it's there and it's super obvious, it's not there with every upshift like in pCars, but it's there like it should be, if you compare it to the irl video.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    pCars is nothing like GT in career mode lol. I've actually been eyeing up buying a XBONE just for Forza games and Halo 5 hmmm :/

5. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    For me it is towards that direction in terms of an engaging single player experience.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    How? It's completely different. GT starts you off with a sh1tbox, then you have to grind your way up through the ranks, you get to tune your car (I don't mean set up your car here).

In pCars, you can start your career in Le Mans ffs, the 2 careers have nothing in common.

7. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    You seem to have a lot of pent up angst towards this title. My comparrison was merely that pCars for me delivers a strong single player experience. Thats all.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Not really at all. I just don't like to get mugged off.

9. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Well the whole gaming industry isnt really the ideal ethical body it should be unfortunately.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well, these guys promised to be something different. "By gamers, for gamers" was their motto. So don't blame me if I'm disappointed to see they just released a generic racer marred with bugs.

11. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Well he was only complaining about the book.

Every game has bugs. I'm not making excuses for them. Since I've been gaming on the PC since the late 90's, I've always waited a few months to buy a title in order to get the first round of patches.

The only almost totally bug free games come from Nintendo, imho... not that their titles are technically special or anything... sometimes you have to back off the envelope for reliability.

This too, frankly, I think the FTC needs to be more stringent on developers and how they advertise games... kind of like how they do in Europe.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Just because *you* are disappointed doesn't mean everyone is. Hey, that's democracy. Lots of other people are happy with what they've got, both from WMD and normal customers.
    There's no "one to suit them all", especially not with such a tiny budget and a small team.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I didn't say that.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Now I am past the dull Kart event, I am enjoying this game's career mode much more, especially with the one-off car events. The game does have some odd bugs though such as erratic A.I. behaviour and on qualifying events cars that you can just clip/drive right through as if they weren't there (it happened to me three times so it is not an isolated glitch). Maybe it's intentional so the other cars don't mess up your lap times when pulling out of the pits but it feels very jarring in a game that claims to be a racing simulation IMO. Is there any way to disable that?

Performance is also a bit "variable" with many events running at 60 fps but if it happens to rain that the framerate dips 10-15 fps affecting both the smoothness and responsiveness of the driving. It's hard not to notice it and I am using the recommended settings per GeForce Experience for the game at 1920x1200. The game could really do with better graphics drivers, some optimisation and DirectX 12, I think.

15. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Picked up the game for £32 with my backer discount and I'd definitely say it's worth the money. I've already had a couple of years of fun for the tenner I paid originally. As long as they fix the worst of the bugs I think this will be a great game.

I was hoping there'd somehow be an online career mode though. It'd be great to be able to have a proper career against real people.

16. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    There is the odd gem but that^^ pretty much sums it up for me as well.

I look at Steam now and I am shocked at the kind of crap that is on there and you have no recourse whatsoever in NA, none.

Once you've bought it, it's yours forever (with possibly the only exception being if the game is absolutely DOA).

Not bashing PC as I think it is pretty good (as is AC) but the general state of gaming these days is atrocious (to say the least).

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Forza 5 is a bit of a disappointment and there are no wheels worth a sh!t for XBone currently. Wait to see how Forza 6 is at the end of the year.

18. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    WTF WTF !!! I was leading race when it came time to pit and going into the pit I see a car already pitting. Unless I lapped the sucker there is no way. The car comes out of the pits first and I'm racing him for position WTF !!!

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    can anyone please give xbox 360 controller settings? for steering linearity and deadzone, i'm using a generic usb gamepad, but it's taking the keyboard controls, i'm having problems in corners, thx.
    i'd like to mention my performance in this game
    le mans 24 hrs race
    50 cars
    rain
    1080p all medium-
    high car detail
    fxaa high
    50 fps

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Been watching a Forza Horizon 2 stream recently, the game looks like a lot of fun, sure it's an arcade but looks like a really nice fun game. Might get an XBONE when Forza 6 comes out, for that and new Halo.

I wish there was games like Forza on PC.