Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Cool i will have a look at it! Hopefully you can feel the grip and car of the road!

2. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    You can check the physics thread for further info on what cars are more advanced, don't be afraid of asking for opinions or suggestions. Check also some of the car setups shared in the vehicle setup forums.

If you need further help visit our steam group chat, we'll be there :)

EDIT:

Don't forget to delete your Documents/CARS folder in order to ensure your old profile wont mess up with the physics data.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Yes, I read about the changes. It may take a while until I find enough time to drive a longer stint and get to feal the brake wear though :D
    Apart from that, as I said, very believable and "natural". With the current FFB it's very different to how it felt a year ago. Reactions can be much fast and much smaller, more detailled. The Fanatec stuff, especially the pedals, now really get to shine :)

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Got some PC Vs PS4 Screenshots over on WCCFtech.

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    Im tired of waiting to play this damn game. Not gonna lie, I built this pc to play pcars, and assetto corsa. I would have been fine running bf3, bf4, on my old q6600 rig with a HD 5770.

6. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    So, it's been a long time ago since I played Pcars. Can someone give me a short update on how far the development is? Is the game already worth playing? I am a team member. :)

7. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    The performance has improved over recent months and the game looks superb on the whole. AI drivers are still very bad and collision detection is still way over the top leading to the usual comedy crashes and monster pile ups.
    Only play on gamepad so can't comment on how it plays on a steering wheel setup, but gamepad controls are still way to twitchy and don't feel right at all.
    Still a bit of work to be done, but it's getting there.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Gamepad is still being worked on, but you can help yourself by choosing different settings (there's at least one lengthy discussion on the forums). It's much nicer and easier to play with a wheel though.
    If you haven't played in a while, try one of the cars that received more work, and try them one of the equivalent tracks.

9. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2070
    I took out my Wheel that has been collecting dust for a long time. and re-downloaded Project C.A.R.S.

New Menus look pretty slick. and performance of the game is much better than what is was before.
    I really like the handling and force feedback.
    I'm only junior member... and when I saw that 90% tracks and cars are still locked, I turned it off immediately.
    I really didn't think they would still lock it for junior members, specially after they do not offer account upgrades any more.
    even cars where locked, I was expecting to see much bigger selection. Project cars for me has real problem bringing manufactures to the games. I think they only added 3-4 cars after 1 year.

Then as my wheel was out of the closet, I also launched latest version of Assetto Corsa. There was definitely more feedback coming to the wheel (compared to Project C.A.R.S), but more doesn't mean that it was realistic, it felt to me a bit odd in moments. Also interesting thing, that I spotted in AC right after playing Project C.A.R.S, is that AC is trying hard to make weight transfers feelable when changing directions of the car, and it is clearly overtrying. cars lean like crazy from one side to another, as if they didn't have any springs in suspension and it was most annoying when driving at slower pace. when driving on the limit, cars behaved more naturally, but at slow speeds it felt very odd...
    Big + for AC to including Drag Race strip :)

Graphics engine of Project C.A.R.S is of course superior in every department.

Sorry, I don't want to start AC vs Project CARS thing here. just shared my thoughts :D

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  10. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    What he hell is a "Junior Member"??? This is the major turn off with this game. I understand it's alpha but they are so secretive and "boys club" about getting access to actually playing it. It's like some cool kids club.. Either Early Access it or private beta it.. This whole club members thing is beyond stupid.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Back when you could join there were various access levels from getting near daily builds and contributing to the game in other ways (expensive.) to getting weekly builds and I think monthly ones for cheaper but I did not know it also locked content.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Exactly. And the lowest two tiers were like 10€ and 25€, both very cheap. Not a big deal really.
    People pay more for "early access" games, with less content, and still complain about this?

@nodo: As I said, try some of the cars & tracks that are more close to being finished. It's a vast difference.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Re-Installed this the other day. Its great that it goes through steam now.

With everything maxed except AA and at 1080p (or might have been 1440p) im getting a solid 60fps.

Controller (X360) seems to actually be of some use now. Last time i played this (2013) a controller was a no go..along with keyboard. Must invest in a steering wheel, though PCars wont be reason i do as its lacking a campaign of sorts.

14. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    It is supposed to have a lengthy campaign following a race driver career from carts to endurance and formula racing. That is on release in November though.

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    ah is it playable with controller now? Coz when i tried it it was so hard to control any car!

16. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    It will be released in november? :)

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah it works great with a 360 controller. More than playable, but i still find it hard to get into with a controller as its a game begging to be played with a wheel.

Controller approved imo.

Great news! Thanks for the info.

18. Akram

Akram Member

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD R9 290 4 GB
    To the guys who played the game, What is the specs required to play in Ultra?

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Anyone tried Nordschleife? I used to like that on GT5, but I saw a video of someone on the track and it had a lot of pop-up of the texture kind. LOD sorta thing.

20. evilfury

evilfury Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    Its fixed now.