Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    What a farce.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Leviathan, you have till the end of the day to get back to me and explain why I got banned. I will not accept my refund that I didn't ask for, either. If you don't get back to me, I'm taking this to the Trading Standards, for starters. Tell Ian I will have my account back now, trust me, he doesn't want to drag this out any further, he has nothing to stand on.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Leviathan, actually don't bother. I've just contacted trading standards, they will get things going, or point me towards the right people to get it sorted. You've been ever so helpful again, Bruno.

EDIT: Done. Also notified SMS on WMD of this step.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  4. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    [​IMG]

I love me some thursday night drama.

5. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

What we really need is to just calm down and share a bunch of jaw dropping screenshots.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Lol win. :D

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just an update. Took the refund, also sold my other account for a hefty profit and bought a cheap member's account. F*ck you sms.

8. bigosik

bigosik Banned

GPU:
    Nice Graphic, horrible control.

9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    DEM photoshooped screenshots....

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    I'd rather use Lightroom, far easier to handle. :)

No, to be honest I've had this confusion with almost every "post-process-heavy" title. It's the same with Battlefield 4, for example.
    You play the game and think it looks nice. If you take a screenshot though it'll look much sharper, clearer, better. Combine this with supersampling and a good picture tool to downsize your shots & you're done for the most part.

I only had time for a shorter session this weekend but I was impressed by what I saw, even more so by what I heard.
    The Ruf was finally drivable & it was quite fun to do so. The sound was great, both from the engine and from the tires. It really helped to keep the car on the track :)
    Then I went over to the BMW M3 GT, one of my favorite cars, and found the engine sound to be much louder. A nice touch, at least, to have all vehicles at their correct sound levels in-game.
    The last car I tried was the Z4 GT3. Rain on the track, leaves, a beast to tame :D Great fun.
    FFB has been tightened up lately, at least for my Fanatec wheel, and in combination with the pedals allows for very precise control.

11. menaceuk

menaceuk Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    To be honest, you're being a bit of dick in those comments. Is it ban worthy, borderline. Is it helpful or as innocent as you seem to be proclaiming, nope. Not even close.

Anybody can offer snide criticism.

12. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    It doesn't matter if it's negative or not, he hasn't done anything to breach the TOS, and those posts were on this website. It's laughably immature on behalf of the Project Cars staff, not to mention unprofessional. They wont even give a specific reason for the ban. They've lost custom due to their actions in this from myself at the least.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    I think it does matter, but I'm not entirely sure. Like so many other times, the way you say something is relevant rather often.
    Negativity and criticism are two different things after all.

14. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    I think the graphics are nice, I know they're post process heavy, but if it looks nice it looks nice aye? Not the most realistic physics ever but it's certainly satisfying and fun to drive. If they nail the career mode, starting from karts and moving up etc, then it will be a great game. Those that want ultra realism have things like Assetto Corsa etc.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I would be careful there, they ban for comments like that. Anyway, let's not talk about my ban. It was a good thing for me, I made some money and I can still play the game, cheers Bell.

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I really struggle with driving in this game, turning is a nightmare, i always skid. I havent tried it for few months, but that was the reason i kind of put it on hold last time. I havent had such a problem with any other driving games.

17. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    The sound system we had for skid warning wasn't the best, we have been implementing a new one that is currently available. You will get a clearer notion on when the car starts to lose grip.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh dear, relying on audio feedback to save the car from sliding. you should be feeling the car sliding through force feedback, if you're trying to react to video/audio feedback, you're usually too late. In reality, at least, and most of the other sims.

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    The cars feel damn fine at the moment.

At first they had too much grip and the driving model was relatively simple. Then, when STM was introduced, many cars were obviously "wip" and sometimes really bad to drive.

Right now though, many of them are absolutely great and believable to drive.

If you know how to drive a real car, drive it fast, you should be absolutely fine with this game/sim.

20. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX

There's also tire heating that was implemented recently on some cars/tires, so they should behave differently depending on it. Braking and turning will also be affected now if you use Full Damage, the brake wear is under implementation on the vehicles and you can notice them failing after a while or becoming less effective.