Profiles

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Jerms, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Jerms

Jerms Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT
    I guess I'm a little confused about profiles. I want to make one for MVP2005. Do I choose an application from the pulldown on the left and then create a MVP2005 profile? If so, how does the computer know to use that profile when I play MVP?
    Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

2. jwal

jwal Member

GPU:
    Chaintech 6600GT 128MB AGP8X
    You'll need to go to "add profile" and then browse to the .exe that starts the game. After that, checkmark MVP and Global Driver Settings. From there, you can choose different quality settings for that specific game. The computer will recognize that MVP2005 has been started because the .exe was ran, and the settings will be applied.

3. Jerms

Jerms Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT
    How do I know which .exe starts the game? Sorry, not new to computers but new to profiles, lol.

4. jwal

jwal Member

GPU:
    Chaintech 6600GT 128MB AGP8X
    Usually, you'll find it in the game's folder. For example, if you wanted a profile for UT2004, you would go to C:/UT2004/System/UT2004.exe, or something similar.

I'm not sure about this, but using a shortcut to the .exe might work instead of going directly to it.