Prodeus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TheDeeGee, Nov 24, 2018.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Looks great!

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Was about to post about this but already had a thread. Looking forward to this one big time!

Apparently Kickstarter is still going for a bit so contribute if you can / want / like the game, intend to chip in a few bucks myself.

Some Pre-Alpha gameplay and early impressions:

cerebus23 and WhiteLightning like this.
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    pretty well done , i like how they kept the same style of the old shooters, but effects and stuff are much more then usual.
    animations could be a bit better though.

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    This looks cool, but they should shrink the HUD a bit (or put in a scale slider) and reduce the friggen' bloom. I mean, the game shines A LOT, so much so that it kinda hurts my eyes.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    You can adjust the HUD...
    [​IMG]

Also, the enemies can be changed from the 2D sprites, to the original 3D models they used to make the sprites...
    [​IMG]

This is one I've been following for a while.
    Since before it hit Kickstarter, the two guys making it worked at Raven Software on Wolf 2009 and Singularity before going off to work on other projects like BioShock Infinite and DOOM 2016.
    This looks awesome, and I can not wait to get to try it out.

AsiJu and cerebus23 like this.
  7. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Huh, Raven ex-employees? No wonder this looks good. Good to know about the hud, thanks for bringing that up. Now only to tone down the bloom, and keep good level design, and they're golden!

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    They've said they have a ton of visual options, from descreasing and increasing the amount of blood/gore, FOV slider, scaling the pixelation, and other visual effects.
    The game will be very customizable.

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Backed. Looks like an awesome project. :)

10. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    That's good to hear. If all goes well, this will be a worthy addition to my collection. I have to say that I'm pleased with this renaissance of classic FPSs. I can't stand the "modern military" type shooters, so these years are quite lovely. With Ion Maiden, Sigil, and WRATH on the way, there is a lot to look forward to.

AsiJu likes this.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Sigil's box release will ship out the first week in May, then the free WAD release will happen the following week. Can't wait for it.

But, yes, I'm loving this moden FPS trends.
    And Prodeus looks fantastic, I backed it as well. As soon as I found out it was from former Raven staff, I was on board.
    Before they were forced into annual CoD support, they were one of my favorite FPS studios.

Such creativity and so many great games.

12. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    It's a really sad fate that had befallen Raven. They made cool spins off of Id's engines, with Heretic and Hexen having the best architecture of all the DOOM engine games, Heretic 2 and Hexen 2 for the Quake engine being awesome (the former being an early taste of the excellent lightsaber combat in Jedi Knight 2&3), Return to Castle Wolfenstein (being the best Wolfenstein game still), Soldiers of Fortune, etc. Having a studio like this being trapped making DLC's for fracking CoD is criminal.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein was made by Gray Matter (now TreyArch) and Nerve.
    Raven made the 2009 'Wolfenstein'.

But, yes, the guys behind SoF, Jedi Knight II, Hexen 1 and 2... the campy, but incredibly fun X-Men: Origins: Wolverine video game (that was MILES better then the movie).
    Plus, Quake 4 (which I love) and their last great game... Singularity.
    They deserved much better. But, sadly, being owned by Activision meant the noose was already around the studio's neck.

Once they were bought by Activision several members left and founded Human Head, which gave us Rune and Prey (2006). And, once Singularity 2 was canceled in favor of CoD map packs... more members left.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    look super impressive and yea got some pros doing this, looks like a good horse to back.

AsiJu likes this.
  15. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Oops, I always get the RtCW facts mixed up. But yeah, Singularity was cool (a bit meh texture-wise, but 4k downsampling helps the game a lot), Wolf2009 had issues thanks to all the CoD features they tried to bring over (autoregen, weak enemies, slower movement], but the "Retrostein" mod helps a lot (makes it better than New Colossus) and Quake 4 is cool as well (albeit it needed some loving from the modding community, which it never got...).

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    singularity ewwwwwww ;p i was in my crysis looked amazing and played ok, stage and that game just was WAY too generic at the time i think i put 20 minutes into it and uninstalled.

and quake 4 i played all the way through it was ok?? not the best quake experience though, doom was better.

But this looks amazing the gore the art style and the frame rate. And throw back fps are vogue.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Singularity is awesome.
    So many fun ways to use your powers and weapons during combat. And, even with the low resolution texture detail... still, the art direction was great, and the game looks really good as a whole.

If you stopped after 20 minutes, you didn't even reach the part of the game where you get your powers.
    Hell, that's barely past the "intro" scenes that setup everything.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

i dont disagree but at the time i just recall being so MEH about the game i had zero motivation or desire to play it at all.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I remember reading about that in an article about the game; that the game actually has 3D models but converts them to sprites "on-the-fly".

Which is neat and even better that you can use 3D models too if you so choose.

Like the visual style how it's retro but also modern and good looking at the same time. Gameplay looks so frigging good and Andrew's soundtrack to compliment... beautiful!

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Note, Kickstarter goal has been meet, and surpassed.
    With 11 days left, everything from here on out is bonus.

emperorsfist and AsiJu like this.