Problems with RX580 8GB

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Stefan Kasev, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Stefan Kasev

Stefan Kasev Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Hello guys! Before a week i bought 2 RX580 8GB. They were mining but still have 6 months warranty left. So one of the cards is MSI RX 580 8GB GAMING and the other is SAPHIRE NITRO + RX 580 8GB.The MSI booted from the first time i tested it in heavenbenchmark and furmark good temps no problems, but when i try to use it in nicehash for mining the screen flickers and amd drivers message shows the pc shutdowns sometimes too. In compute mode i had problems too with fragments so switched back to graphics mode. Tried different drivers still no luck the guy that sold it said that the bios wasnt modded and i checked and i think its the same that i found in techpower. Still dont know what to do with this card. So the Sapphire didn't boot on the same computer i mean the pc gave beep code and the card fans were spinning but no image either from hdmi or displayport and other. Took the sapphire to my newer pc and booted fine. But when i installed drivers and run furmark it shut down and now the 2 computers wont boot with the sapphire unless the card isnt with plugged in pcie cables, i dont know how but i maybe broke it. The first psu is seasonic 850w gold and the second is seasonic 550w gold so i dont think it has anything with the psus.Also there is clicking noise trying to boot with the pcie cables in the gpu(sapphire card) . Maybe its time to rma these gpus or give then back to the guy that sold them to me because i had many nvidia mining cards never had problems like that before, and my head now hurts.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Are you serious? If you had some issues in games people would gladly help but mining?

[​IMG]

Keitosha and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  3. Stefan Kasev

Stefan Kasev Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I thught we talking about tech no matter aspect of using?

Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    The compute portion of the card is shot from mining. Cards are garbage now. Which is why the previous owner sold them.

5. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Mining has ruined the GPU market for everyone, hence no one caring for mining. However as it's been said, the compute setting from previous mining ruined the cards

Keitosha likes this.
  6. Sounds like a hardware issue, but I would try the RX 580s under NiceHashOS to see if they behave any differently with mining at all.

I'd also try taking the GPUs and examining them to see if there's any obvious damage, and maybe blow dust/etc off them while you're at it. Clean the PCI-E contacts, make sure they go back into the computer snugly, and give them another go; maybe re-seating will help.