Problems with ATITool 0.27

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by accma, Apr 16, 2008.

1. accma

accma Member

GPU:
    C3D 8800GT 512MB GDDR3
    I make little oc with Rivatuner only the memory from 900 to 920 and when I pass the "scan for artifacts" every 3 o 4 seconds sounds a "beep" and detects artifacts.

Is that normal? I mean, find artifacts with that little oc?

I use 169.44 drivers.

Thanks!

2. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    It's possible. Any oc can cause problems. It isn't likely with a small oc but like I said it's possible. It all depends on your system.

I would try using a different driver. 174.74 betas work good for alot of people. I have not had any problems with the 174.74 beta or the whql 169.21 drivers.

I have found that with ATI Tool .27 that even though it shows no artifacts and no errors that doesn't mean that the clock speeds are safe. Best thing to test is a video game. A game I always test on is BF2. If I can't play on BF2 or artifacts start showing, I know I can't play my other games.(CoD4,Madden 08 etc.etc...) There is no better testing than real world which in my opinon isn't done enough by most companies and reviewers. Even when it is done, it's done my some company or reviewer that has a high end machine not a budget or medium machine. That's why it's best to read several reviews from several companies not just one. I also realize that because their is so many different pieces of hardware that it makes it hard to review. Everybody's computer is different.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008