problems with all 8x.xx drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jallaby, Nov 1, 2005.

1. jallaby

jallaby Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix OC
    I have tried installing almost every 8x.00 driver in hope of improvement in battlefield 2. The game runs with all the drivers, but since I use the dualview option coz i watch my tv-series in my living-room, there have been some problems.

When I install a driver, ie 81.85whql, after rebooting, i get the nvidia setup-screen to set the options. after choosing dualview/clone, i try to set the refresh-rate to 100hz, which is the best setting for my crt-monitor in 1280x1024 (same goes for 1280x960), but when I press apply, the whole system hangs! ... this happens many times with various 8x.xx drivers, but sometimes the system just hangs when I reboot after a clean install...

I am currently running 78.05b, which run nice except some minor graphical errors in bf2.but since the drivers are getting a bit old, one could become frustrated...

Can anyone help me out here?

2. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    use search.. there is at least one thread about pentium 4s with hyperthreading and dual view causing crashes.