Problems with Age of Empires 3, I need help.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by avbr555777, Sep 9, 2006.

1. avbr555777

avbr555777 Member Guru

GPU:
    128 Mb Inno3d GeForce 6600GT (AGP)
    The problem I'm facing is that in scenario editor, I have developed a map, and I want to fight against 3 allied sides, so, I built town centres for all the sides, then I used the player data option to input all the data about the players, resources, team number, etc. One side is mine, and the remaining three belong to the same group, and are set to be controlled by the computer.

Then I tried to play, I had given myself a hot air balloon so that I could watch the other computer players' activities, because it was a test map, and I just wanted to see weather all the things worked or not.

But the problem is that the other sides don't do anything at all. They just keep on standing there. Not even a single movement, despite the fact that there were resoures around them as well, but they don't move, or collect them.

But the sides fight back with the settelers when I attack them.

Then I tried to set up the objectives for my side, and then by using the triggers option, I set that when all the sides are defeated (all their units and buildings are destroyed), I win. Then I set up another trigger that if all of my buildings are destroyed, they win. And the trigger worked well, i.e I won when they were all defeated, but they did not start doing anything by themselves, except attacking my cannon using the settelers when I attacked them, and I won using a single cannon.

But the problem remains there, i.e they just don't do anything, but when I attack them, they fight back.

So, what is the problem, or what is the thing I am missing? I want to say that I was quite expert in developing scenarios in Age of Empires 2.
    Thanks

2. avbr555777

avbr555777 Member Guru

GPU:
    Hey, what's up, no response??

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    not many people here play AOE3... Most of them play BF2, CSS and Fear...

4. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU

5. avbr555777

avbr555777 Member Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for the link