1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with windows movie maker 'Class not registered' irritating error

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by lpx88, Oct 15, 2005.

1. lpx88

lpx88 Member

GPU:
    2 x NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
    Well just now i was trying to reduce the file size of a video file by using windows movie maker.As i was trying to import the movie file, an error pops up and said '....not imported.Class not registered'???.I also tried to reinstall the program but this problem still persists... Can anyone pls help me solve that problem? I tried to use adobe premiere by cutting up the file into 2 parts but the time taken was too long....Or is there another way usng some tools and programs to reduce the file size?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  2. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    What is the file type ?.

Error Message ".Class Not Registered.." When Trying to Open a WME File (Microsoft Windows Media Encoder)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291189

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  3. lpx88

lpx88 Member

GPU:
    Any video file type...AVI...MOEG...MPG...WMV...etc...any video

4. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Try the RESOLUTION in the first MS link. Make sure "Msxml.dll" is in your system32 folder and make sure it is registered.

Start > Run > type cmd press ok > at a command prompt type regsvr32 MSXML.DLL press ok

Also not sure if it will help but it do use WMP as the player so maybe reinstalling WMP 10 will help. The error (Class Not Registered) can also happen with the player.

5. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
  6. lpx88

lpx88 Member

GPU:
    Both commands still cant work...or is there some other programs just to reduce video size or that can splits a video file into 2?

7. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
  8. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
  9. lpx88

lpx88 Member

GPU:
    Erm....well im using Virtualdub now until when a pop up comes up saying i have low disk space.i figured out that the first part of the splitted video file is alrdy 20gb and is still increasing... what i did is that i just saved the edited segment as an AVI file and half of the segment is alrdy 20GB...

10. desdick

desdick Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 6800 PCIe 256mb
    Instead of reducing file size with movie maker, try using Adobe Premier and reduce video quality.

11. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
    Well u have to select the Compression codec in Virtual Dub.

Video -> Compression

I don't know which codec will give you the best compression, for your files but the Divx Codecs, MPEG4 give good compression.