1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with the resolution when there is PC to TV connection

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by pennynick, Feb 20, 2012.

1. pennynick

pennynick New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Mobility 512
    I have a laptop with a graphic card ATI mobility Radeon HD 3650. The maximum resolution I can get is 1280 x 800 in laptop's 15'' widescreen.

I also have a TV, which is LG 26LC2R. (High Definition)

The problem is that when I connect my laptop to my TV, the maximum analysis I can get is that of 1024x 768. Why this happens ? Is this because the connection is with the use of a S-video to S-video cable ?

I read on the web that separately, my graphic card maximum display resolution is more than 1650x something and my TV resolution is 1433xsomething, so I think is very weird that I get a so low analysis for a 26'' TV !!!!

Please help ! Let me say that the only output from my laptop is S-Video ! No HDMI or something less ! my TV have all the inputs could be possible !

Thanx a lot in advance.

2. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    s-video is standard def. so it can only do 480 or 576. so even if your able to select 1280x800 your only getting max of 576. the rest is scaled and it should look better at the proper 480 or 576 res.

3. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    Yes, S-video is 480i. It just separates the brightness from the picture compared to a composite connection. Without a better connection this is what you are going to be stuck with.