Problem with hdmi output on HD6850

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dwl13_98, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
  1. dwl13_98

dwl13_98 New Member

GPU:
    HD6850
    I've been googling the heck out of this since it started on Sunday. I've had my tv and computer hooked up together for almost 2 years and it's been working fine, no issues what so ever. Sunday we had a storm here and now my computer won't detect my tv. I've done all of the obvious steps, plugged in another computer (works fine) changed plugs, bought new hdmi cables, everything it seems. I can't get my computer to detect the tv at all. It's like my hdmi port on the video card is fried. I'm looking for any other suggestions on ways to fix this before having to just buy a brand new video card, which I'm not really in the market for at this time. I've also done the obvious "detect displays".

I'm tired of :bang: .

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380
    I would suggest you try an HDMI to DVI converter. This will let you know if the port is actually fried.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/startechcom-6-ft-hdmi-to-dvi-d-cable-mm/10054079

You can always return it once your done with the troubleshooting.

3. dwl13_98

dwl13_98 New Member

GPU:
    HD6850
    Update

So apparently my tv just had a little bit of juice left in it to play my 360 for one game before I turned it off. The hdmi ports are blown and it's not remotely a video card problem. Lucky for me the tv is under warranty for 1 more month so they're coming to fix it. This is the 2nd time the hdmi ports have blown, yay philips tvs.