Problem with a HD videocamera

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Matjuha, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Matjuha

Matjuha Active Member

GPU:
    Asus ENGTX470 1280MB
    1) I bought a Samsung HMX-H200PAL (MPEG4 H264). Is it possible to watch videos from it in PC as smooth as from TV, straight from the camera? If yes, then what might be causing laggyness? And what media player is the best to watch HD videos?

2) I tried to edit a videoclip in different programs (Pinnacle Studio and Cyberlink Powerdirector) without changing anything, only "produced" into a different HD format. Everytime the quality turned into crap and lagged. Is this normal?
    So, what settings and editor software should I use to get a good quality HD video?

2. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    1. rephrase your question a bit. personally, i find the best media players at the moment to be media player classic home cinema and powerdvd9 ultra (supports cuda and ati stream). some people prefer coreavc for nvidia. mpchc and pdvd allow you to use your gpu to improve the video quality and run frame interpolation which i find is nice.

2. it depends on what you have the output settings as. if you set it to a crappy wmv codec or any other codec with crappy compression, you'll get worse and worse image quality.

i edit amvs as a hobby, and normally i use lossless codecs like lagarith and huffyuv when editing. then when the final product is done, i recode using h.264.