[Problem] What should i do...?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RedShootLeo, May 17, 2012.

1. RedShootLeo

RedShootLeo Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M
    So here's the thing, i have a Pavilion dv6, switchable graphics (between Radeon HD 6770M and Intel) and going to download that Catalyst 12.2 UnifL UP5 Switchable Graphics.

Is it okay for me to do it? Is it the right thing for my pc?
    And by the way, which options should i choose when I'm doing the download?

I've done this once, but after i installed this i felt like something was not right, expecially because i could barely run minecraft without lag.

So... could someone help me? I just need to know which option do i need to select when im installing the update. And by the way, is this the right update?

2. xacid0

xacid0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Are u using Fixed switching? You need to use fixed switching if u want to run minecraft with the discrete graphic. You can switch switching method in BIOS.

3. RedShootLeo

RedShootLeo Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M
    Am i what...? Dude, you gotta speak in a way i understand, cuz i don't know nothing about that stuff... by fixed switching what do you mean?

4. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    What should you do...? Pray to God and then run like hell j/k :p

What driver are you using, and where are you downloading them from?

You could always try these ones. Might fix the problem if you can't fix it via Bios.

5. RedShootLeo

RedShootLeo Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M
    Those are exactly the ones im going to use. Leshcat labs or something, the Catalyst 12.2 UnifL UP5 for Switchable Graphics one. So what settings show i check in the installer?

6. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    To be honest, I haven't had that much experience with "Switchable Graphics" but from what I have read here on Guru, people are having a good success rate with those drivers.

Trial and error my friend. Unless someone else can help you set it up.

7. RedShootLeo

RedShootLeo Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M
    So there's this thing now, for me to select which options i want. Which ones should i choose? What is a Gen1 Laptop? Is my laptop a Gen1? Gen2, or Gen3? And is my intel a 2-nd generation videochip? ;( Help!

8. popeye

popeye Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    What is the number series after the i7 of your CPU? If 3 digits it is Gen1, if 4 digits it is Gen2. My CPU is an i5-2430m thus it is Gen2.

You need to read the manual at leshcat's site and make an attempt to understand what is being presented.
    I would add that if you do not understand things like restore points, manual driver installation and how to thoroughly clean graphic drivers, then you may want to wait until you learn these things.

As far as BIOS settings go to this http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/647283-acer-aspire-7750g-switchable-graphics-problem.html
    It discusses settings for my laptop but gives some idea what we are talking about in regards to the settings.
    You may want to search for a forum discussion of your particular laptop.

9. iBen95111

iBen95111 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 480 8GB
    I'm using Leshcat drivers.
    Download 12.2 UP5, seems to be the most stable at the moment.
    When you run the downloaded exe, use "DSE Installer", it might prompt you to restart (1 time step).
    After completed, run the exe again and use "YUC Cleaner". It should restart for you after you click no to send logs.
    So after all that, you're ready to extract and install. Your screen might look funky.
    Go all the way to what you choose you want in the setup, and choose "HP Fixed Mode Patch", and the second gen Intel since it's compatible with almost all setups.
    After extracting, click "Launch AMD Installer" and click next.
    Catalyst Setup should appear, Choose "Custom" Install and make sure everything's checked, then click next.
    It should install everything and at the end it will say "Actions taken by Catalyst require a restart. Do you wish to restart now?" Click Yes and you should be done.

Just a quick note, every time you upgrade (E.G. to a new leshcat) you have to run YUC Cleaner again and extract new package and install.
    And for the BIOS, You press a button for setup (not sure about that at the moment) and you press the right arrow until you see Video, it should say Fixed/Dynamic mode and choose Fixed. Press F10 to save changes and exit (Not entirely sure about those specific buttons though.)

Hope this helped, PM me if you need anything else.
    Edit: I'm using Leshcat 12.x April drivers. IMO anything 12.3 and above has issues, whether it be high temps or something else.

10. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon RX580 4GB
    iBen95111 write it well :)
    But you do not have to install everything in Catalyst installer.
    Choose what you want (if you know what each app is)

12.2 UP5 are good and stable, but also the new 12.3 UP2 looks great (I didn't tested yet).

Last edited: May 17, 2012