Problem installing 91.47

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by wildstaroct, Sep 3, 2006.

1. wildstaroct

wildstaroct Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6950 (modded)
    When I launch the 91.47 installer executable, it craps out midway. Error message is "The content of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again."

I tried downloading the file from here, mgeeks, and nvidia directly and I get the same error. Also tried manually decompressing the file with WinZip but that craps out midway as well.

Any ideas how to fix?

2. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    "Also tried manually decompressing the file with WinZip but that craps out midway as well"

Try to do it with winrar. Possible reason is that your system's compress/decompress mechanism got corrupted. Does the same thing happen with other forcewares (selfexe mode)?:funny:

3. wildstaroct

wildstaroct Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6950 (modded)
    Nope, this is the only time this has ever happened.

Tried WinRAR per your suggestion and the same thing happens...craps out midway through decompression and tells me the archive is corrupt. Very strange....

4. Gonzo7

Gonzo7 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 GTX480
    try saving it to another location, 2nd hard drive, make a new folder, try that and see if it works.

5. wildstaroct

wildstaroct Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6950 (modded)
    No go, checked both my disk for errors and tried using both disks to store and decompress the file....sigh

6. MisterGeese

MisterGeese Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GS-GTX 980TI
    check all your temp hidden folders in local settings.

Make them empty because maybe you've got some little virus and it blocks install (i've seen it before).

These folders always have to be empty for every software or driver install.

7. Oscar142

Oscar142 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC
    If you are running a nVidia chipset with the "Active Armour" firewwall you might want to read this. A friend of mine had a problem with any .exe he down loaded being corrupted, after reading this we got it squared away.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75275

8. wildstaroct

wildstaroct Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6950 (modded)
    Still no go, made sure all temp folder were empty. Also, I'm not running any of the Nvidia networking stuff, I use the Marvell LAN w/ ZA.

EDIT: Tried safe mode, no go.

I'm giving this round to the gremlins...used my laptop to decompress the file and it worked fine. I'll wait until the next round to see if I've still got the problem. If so, I'll prolly just reformat since it's been almost 9 months since a clean install.

Thanks for your help folks.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  9. nforced4good

nforced4good Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7900GTX
    make sure your pagefile isnt corrupted

10. neonsx

neonsx Member Guru

GPU:
    7950GX2
    i had the same problem once; so i upgraded to a X6800/2GB/7950GX2.
    didn't fix the problem, but now i'm so busy with games i dont have time for downloads. :p

11. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    if your using a download manager, try using default firefox or IE