Problem after installing any nvidia driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zoidfen417, Apr 5, 2009.

1. zoidfen417

zoidfen417 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce9200 883MB
    hi i recently just tried installing the latest nvidia driver for my geforce 9200. my original version is 178.33 so i downloaded and installed 182.50 i just installed it without reboot and driver cleaner and stuff, so anyway i tried it through playing one of my games which is warcraft, man the improvements were great! but for about 4-5 minutes the game's framerate went loco on me it kept dropping to 12fps and went back up to almost 60fps, and it kept doing that the whole time.

so i tried out some of my other games and the same thing happened, i researched about the drivers and how to install properly, and i downloaded older versions of drivers and installed them properly by uninstalling the old drivers and using driver sweeper and reboot, reboot. but still the same thing happens with any version i install, i overclocked the gpu just a little bit but still nothing. its a good thing i made a restore point with my original driver version, so 178.33 is the driver im currently using. i tried many drivers, any driver would be fine than my old driver, can anyone pls help?

here is my system info
    OS:Windows Vista Home Basic(6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
    Acer Aspire M3710
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 1790MB RAM
    DirectX 10
    NVIDIA GeForce 9200 (883MB)
    Display mode: 1366 x 768

2. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Was there a common rendering "landscape" during the low FPS drops? Like, were there physX properties there being rendered, high shader accumulative scenes, anything common to the drops? Did any rendering adjustments, ie, AA, Anistropy, etc...affect it?

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    250w PSU?

I'd be looking at your PSU first.

4. XcroN

XcroN Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    you better upgrate your psu cuse new drivers require more power from any nvidia GPU