Printing police handcuff keys

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 19, 2009.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    German SSDeV member Ray is known all around the world for his impressive collection of handcuffs and his fun ways of opening most of them. On top of that he gives great presentations and always manages to add a lot of humor into them!

[​IMG]

At HAR he pulled another stunt: He used a 3D printer to print handcuff keys. And not just any ordinary handcuff key … no, it’s the official handcuff key from the Dutch police! At first the police officers at HAR were a little reluctant to event try out the plastic key he printed. But he found another way to verify the key he printed was the correct one. I guess these officers never thought about wearing keys concealed, especially when talking with Mr. Handcuff himself. Given the megapixel camera’s on the market today it was not so difficult to verify the key he printed was the correct one.

[​IMG]

At the end of the day he talked the officers into trying the key on their handcuffs and … it did work! At least the Dutch Police now knows there is a plastic key on the market that will open their handcuffs. A plastic key undetectable by metal detectors….

Source: http://blackbag.nl/?p=940

LOL :D

2. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    I don't know how true this is, but I saw on Manswers (awesome TV show btw :p ) that you can just buy handcuff keys from most locksmiths.

3. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    This wouldn't help you in the UK. We use Hiatt 2010 Speedcuffs and properly applied you would not be able to get a key anywhere near the keyholes!

Anyone who does gets a righteous kicking! j/k:p

4. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Rapid prototyping is awesome. I can't believe some of the things you can make with it. A key is very simple as they go.

5. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Ha, ha! That's awesome. :D

Nice finding, WhiteLightning. :p

6. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Wow, thats genius.

7. dcx_badass