Prime Z270-K \ I7 7700K Temps

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by coc, Mar 22, 2017.

1. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    hey, iv assembled and installed my new pc today.

motherboard temps are around 120C ( hwmonitor \ hwinfo ).

could it be a buggy bios ( updated it and still no change ) ? both applications
    i checked with are the latest versions. using win 10 x64 also - updated.

the bios monitoring says the motherboard is 20C.

im talking about stock speeds. no OC.. all other temps ( cpu \ gpu \ ssd ) are normal.

air coming out from PC is cool, nothing seems that hot.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  2. Pettigrew95

Pettigrew95 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I just bought this MoBo yesterday with DDR4 3000 G.Skill RAM, and an i7-7700k. Right off the bat I noticed that When I make changes in the BIOS sometimes they do not save even though I choose save and exit. Secondly, I tried putting the MoBo on performance mode and also XMP. Sometime the PC boots, sometimes it doesn't. Also, is the LED supposed to be amber on the MoBo or is something wrong? I think that's just the color Asus decided to use, idk why. Lastly, I am getting the same exact thing you have mentioned. I launched Speccy inside of Windows 10 and it told me my MoBo temp was 118 Celsius. Then looking in the BIOS my MoBo temp is reported at 22 Celsius. I'm just curious about these things in general. Wondering if I should just return this MoBo or not.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    that is just a unknown sensor reading and this app can't read it properly. I saw it on my old asus Z87 too.

Don't worry about it..

About XMP, did you double check ram voltage if its at 1.35v? And go into advanced options and in memory section check for training or full mch check if enabled.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  4. Pettigrew95

Pettigrew95 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to check those settings. Do you know about the other things I mentioned? Thanks again.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    About color, dunno, maybe its bound to AI suite and you change it there on the fly in windows.