Price Drops?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by lambchop, Apr 5, 2009.

1. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    Does anyone know when there will be price drops for ATI cards? HD 4870 1gb is too expensive,i can only afford right now to get the 512mb version..i thought the HD 4890 would lower prices but no.I fried my hd 4850 and have been using integrated right now for a few weeks.Will there be a price drop soon do you think to around the £130 region?

Cheers

2. xcalibur+

xcalibur+ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4670 512 DDR3
    it should be.. and it will be.. but i don't know when. but it should drops when the new card arrives (e.g 4890X2 ?)

3. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    Not even a guess? :) Is it impossible in your opinion for it to drop within two weeks to around about £130?..if not i guess i will just have to get the 512mb version.

4. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    Let me gaze into my crystal ball........hmm, not sure.

5. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    I was just meaning from past price drops and new models introduced if people can remember how the pricing fell in a time period.Im on a really tight budget(right down to the last pound) and i just want to make sure i get things right and not regret any purchases,sorry.

6. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    1GB is not going to drop to 130 for a while maby a few months TBH.

7. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    Ahh damn..oh well, my dreams of having a 1gb hd 4870 have been shattered.I'll just purchase the 512mb version then and upgrade again next year,i dont know how long it will hold up at high resolutions.Anyway thankyou for the reply.

8. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    well dude, remember that prices can surprise everybody.
    Despite some people saying prices wont drop and others say they will, no one can tell for sure.
    Its market forces and the such at work. From personal experiece, i have to say the 512 mb version is irking me a little. I really am upset that I did not splurge the extra few shekels for the 1gb version ( high resolutions kill my card ).

On a personal note, and this is a crystal ball feeling as stated above , I feel prices will drop again and again within 2 months. Models are popping out all the time, and with larabee breathing down the green and red teams necks, well, competition is hot.

Noam

9. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
  10. honestjohn

honestjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk HD 5770 @ 1010C