Price drops!!!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Orlandoech, Feb 5, 2009.

1. GregM

GregM Member Guru

GPU:
    ES BBA HD4870 512mb
    I think this is pure wisdom to look at it from that angle.

2. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    FYI: I believe everything will eventually be private. You're half right about our health plan. It used to be much better. If we want something like a massage, we still have to pay a third. I've been on dissability for years with severe pain every single day and I take expensive pills. Do you know who the real drug pushers are? Fortunatley I'm covered. The pills add up to ~$1500 a month! I live on $900 a month. :eek:
    The problem with most prescription drugs is that you end up with more (and worse) problems. Anyway, if you need any kind of diagnostics or surgery, you can wait up to two years before you get to see anyone. I, personally waited two years to get into the Back Pain Clinic. I'm going back this Saturday for another MRI (lower back and head and neck-I've been very adamant about having these tests done). For some ridiculous reason, doctors are leaving, Hospital beds are being removed.
    Hmmmmm!...costs money to be born; costs money to be sick and they want even more from you when you die. So; from the time you're born - everyone wants your money.:banana:

3. Keith Wing

Keith Wing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    I had an MRI and thought it sucked I had to wait a week to get it. lol

4. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 570
    I bought Pentium D 820 for $200 when it was hot from the oven. Not until 1 year later, the price fell down to around $100, and I bought it for my niece's computer. I felt heart sick at that time. That price drop was caused by the release of Core 2 Duo.

I think, i7 would stay on current price tag, or slightly go down, not much, until Intel release a new and faster processor, or AMD manage to release a competitor.

5. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    The thing to do is to watch for specials, every day. ;)
    NCIX has 'surprise' specials often; but I always miss out because I don't use plastic. :(

6. Nihilkrist

Nihilkrist Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D GTX260
    Graphics cards use GDDR-3, not DDR-3. They are different.

And I'm not sure where you got the "most platforms" figure from? Most are still DDR-2 :/ Although I'm sure there will be a switch when the latency/price drops a bit.