PREY (2017) | Prey 2 [Cancelled]

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Hmm, so radically different from the first.

Tommy is one of my favorite characters though. He reacts to everything. "YOU MOTHER ****ERS! WHAT THE **** IS THAT?!"

ECtera, he doesn't just go through the level not commenting on weird ****, like most all shooters.

2. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    You are 100% correct! It's those little details that draw you into a game, make you feel something for the character, immersion if you will. I loved the first Prey because I did feel "immersed" in the game. Having the lights off and surround sound cranked up definitely helps!

Hmm...I think I just might have to do another run through of Prey in the coming weeks! :beam:

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
  4. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    New Interview with Human Head’s project lead Chris Reinhart and chief creative officer Jim Sumwalt:

RockPaperShotgun

5. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    So it's not about Tommy.

Lame.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Tommy is a main character in the story. Even though you don't play as him, he is a character you run into and work with.

It's funny how people are so quick to toss this game aside just because it changes things and doesn't focus on the same character from the first game.
    I love Tommy as well, but the universe PREY is set in has such a wide scope... I'm glad they are branching off and exploring new kinds of gameplay.

I love PREY, but honestly, if a sequel came out pushing the same gameplay mechanics the first game used. People would complain that it's the same stuff again, and there's not enough new stuff in it.
    And with the story Human Head have detailed, I'm very interested to see where they take it.

8. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I'm a huge fan of the first prey myself, but from everything ive read about Prey 2, i'd gladly toss Tommy down the highest building in *what-ever-prey2's-city-is-called* just to get an early demo.

9. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    New E3 Trailer
    Its just a CGI trailer without real ingame material, but if the game is anything like that, it almost a dream come true. (Huge Mass Effect and Mirrors Edge fan here).

Also, Music by Johnny Cash... i shat bricks.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  10. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    This game is looking good in terms of concept. Even if tha tis a CGI trailer the realeased media so far makes the game look spectacular.

Cannot wait, the first one was a trat in terms of gameplay.

This one looks like red dead redemption, FPS, in space.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  12. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
    Much as I would like to look forward to this, I'm just not. I have a feeling it won't be as good as the first.

13. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Saw the trailer, looks sick. Looks like it takes a good few hints from the Mass Effect universe.

14. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    wow this game is not what I expected, in a good way

15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    bought the first one the day it was released, stopped playing 30 min later because i was vomiting all over the screen and keyboard.

not tried since :D

had similar problems with the fecking alien world in Crysis 1 the part where you're floating around lol

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

poor year, weird that you didnt vomit when watching all those horror movies :p

btw; you're missing allot, Prey is a wicked game.

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i know lol unfortunately i kinda suffer from motion sickness, at least only if i have to roll and turn upside down too often like in Prey or the Crysis alien world (i did finish crysis though).

on the other hand i can watch the most disgusting horror movie without any problem, also i never puked when playing games like 1994 Descent, i guess it depends. :p

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    heheh im just joking with ya, im a horror fan too and seen some crazy sheit lol :devil:

but yea i had the same "sickness" in Prey, it felt like riding a roller coaster walking on those anti gravity tracks, my stomach was going up and down lol :D but it didnt stop me from playing it hehe:), i had the same flash in Metro2033, and now that you mentioned it in Crysis or Deadspace both in antygravity, just let it go and pciture it as you're on rollercoaster and its quite fun xD

19. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  20. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    It's interesting, the game-play looks more varied than Prey's, even though I liked Prey overall, I think that Prey 2 should be better, and to find out about it I'll have to buy it hehe. I loved the CGI trailer and the game-play video matches the context and atmosphere of that trailer very well. The only thing I'm worried about is that the "chasing" portion of the game could become repetitive eventually especially if the environments are always the same.