Presenting the Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 9, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Is Logitech messing with me ? Just bought the 502hero a week ago !

3. Phill-7

Phill-7 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce 2080Ti
    Finally. Something to change G700s with. Just hope Logitech will stick away from chinese Omron switches this time.

4. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    I have the G903 Lightspeed. Frankly, I don't use anything higher than 6000 dpi at any given time with this mouse. I think the 502 Wireless lightspeed is overkill and way too pricey...matching the price of the G903. The only advantage of 502 Wireless over the G903 is the 16K Hero sensor.

5. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    a week still return period right ?
    but if u using for desktop PC i dont think wireless have much better benefit

last time i use wireless mice years ago it have connectivity issue causing random pauses, plus more weight because the battery...
    even today wireless-mice whole different(better), never interest that much to try again using wireless

6. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @slyphnier
    then please try and use one from this century and update your post :rolleyes:

my 903 is lighter than any wireless and even ANY wired (gaming) mouse i ever had.
    the pre-tension on button 1/2 has improved accuracy for shot-from-hip by about 30%,
    because there is no delay (caused by switch travel), and i dont even need to charge it manually, if i decide to buy the powermat.
    then again, i dont charge it more than twice a week using the 60-80% range (capacity).

not a single thing that i can find thats better on a wired mouse.

e.g. try using your wired mouse (12ft) away from desk when watching movies etc..

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  7. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    I'm keeping my G700s as long as possible. It's 13 buttons versus 11 on the new mice. And I use all 13. But yeah, if it dies, this G502 will be the replacement.

8. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    903 is cheaper, and the pre-tension on button 1 and 2 has more impact on gaming than 4000 dpi more on the sensor.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Avoid logitech mice until they commit to spending a few more cents and use japanese omron switches instead of the "goes bad in a year" chinese omrons.

Yakk and carnivore like this.
  10. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Used to use the G502 wired till I sold it. Was actually hurting my wrists.

Moved to G900 and the pain went away. Moved to G305 and its been nice not having to recharge after 30 hours or so. I'm going onto 3+ weeks with full power bar still on performance mode.

11. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Goodbye 903. Hello 502!! I just can't get used to the ambi shape on the 903.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    um? how many time they gona re-re-release this mouse? I know of at 3 others there Protus Core, the RGB Lighting, the hero and now this? Great mouse none the less, Sadly I still prefer my MX1100 that came with my Desktop Wave Pro, only thing I never liked about it was it was Wireless and there for used batteries even if they was rechargeable. and that is now dead cause I tried to replace swtich that failed after 5+ years and which I just winded up kill the board instead. Thumb button had much better placement then the G502 too. after all these years I still not use to thumb button placement.

13. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Astyanax
    unless you have the failure rate for all logitech mice on the planet, ZERO connection to "quality".

i've been using L-mice from 2000 till now, most of them for at least 3-5y before a got a different one (not because it broke), and out of those 6 or 7,
    just ONE acted up after year and 2 month (switches still working), and was replaced for free.

maybe push for better consumer protection laws in your country, like in the EU, where ANY consumer product gets coverage for 2 or more years.

kakiharaFRS likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I knew an apologist would be out of the woodworks soon.

All recent G series mice fail within 12-18 months with ghost clicking, double clicking and drag loss.

Educate yourself on the matter before playing advocate for Logitechs scummy practices.

The flaw is the omrons, logitech is just obtuse and prefers writing money off in replacements rather than spending it to resolve the flaw.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    150$/€ for a mouse? Can't possibly be twice as good or useful as any mouse for half the price, can it?
    Gladly will stick to my G502 I paid 40€ for... I'm definitely not this products target audience.

16. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Astyanax
    so im an apologist cause the product i bought works? ok.

im not saying there is no problem,
    but saying "ALL" would only be tru if you either own all of them or your god.
    otherwise its an assumption, i will believe once you can provide global sales/return numbers (defective switches) supporting it.

and still doesn't change the fact the 903 is cheaper, and makes more sense than the 502.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you're an apologist because you sought to deny the experience of many G series mouse owners.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    No clue what you talking about I have had my G502 Protus Core from launch to now and I have zero issue with the clicking dragin or anything related to the switchs. and that is with 6+ hour of MMOing a almost every day. even my old MX1100 took 6+ years to develop such issue and back then I was probably putting alot more time in mmo and there for even more strain on the mouse.

My G502 still working as great as day I got it. short of the rubber is slowly coming off. not everyone has the problem there probably more with out such problems them those that do, cause general only the people with issue will make it known or complain about it. and the ones that don't general wont say much if anything about it.

Just like lots people say the F710 is horrible controler and it issue alot lot people say so, there just as many that have no issue with it but say nothing one way or another.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you clearly aren't using it for anything then.:rolleyes:

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I have a Steel Series Rival 650, which is retardedly priced at $140 (pre 13%-15% tax)... and I still want this wireless 502 because the shape and overall feel of the 502 is the most comfortable I've ever experienced. I had to return all of mine because they either had the defective sticking left click out of the box or developed it after 3-4 days.

Edit: I didn't even notice the price... $150 USD, wtf. I though the Rival 650 priced at $140, which I paid less than, was absurd.

Last edited: May 11, 2019