Premium Z590 motherboards to become brutally expensive, one mobo even passes 1500 EUR

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    WHO even needs them ? ( Having in mind regular/enthusiast gamer) If someone has Z490 zero reason to upgrade , if someone wants 11th intel , can also get Z490 ....

Valken and cucaulay malkin like this.
  3. Huggi

Huggi Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX Vega 64
    And here I thought the AU$850 for the ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero was bad... 1500 EUR is ~2350 AUD right now. I could buy the Dark Hero, a Ryzen 5950X, and 32GB of 3600MHz G.Skill Trident Z Neo memory for the same price as a single ROG MAXIMUS XIII EXTREME GLACIAL board.
    Wonder if ASUS actually expects people to buy it? I'd probably expect it to be more of a marketing thing they send out to reviewers/Youtubers/"influencers" to showcase builds with.

4. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    I also wonder how many pcs they will actually produce of these . Like hundrets ? :D

5. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    The danger in this sort of development is that functionality that used to be available in the old premium boards of, let's say, 500 euros will only be found in the 1000+ euros boards in the future. Of course this also means that specs that were normal for 200-300€ mobos will then be pushed up to the 500€ class. 200-300 euro boards would then be like the old ~150 euros affordable boards. I guess the ultimate budget boards of 100 euros (or even less) won't probably change all that much since they never had that many things going for them, aside from the price.

In fact I already felt exactly like this when shopping for the X570 mobo. It cost more than I was used to paying for a mobo, yet, aside from the PCIe 4.0, the features weren't all that impressive, and it felt like some years earlier a mobo 50 euros cheaper would have sported the same set. At least the motherboard market has a bunch of manufacturers, so provided there's not a cartel going on, at some point competition could correct things.

6. Soulanalyzer

Soulanalyzer Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 590 8GB
    vreeeee .... Are you people crazy?????? 1500 for a motherboard?!!!! WTF!!!!!!

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Ah, this is becoming the sport of the true idiot.

Airbud, Valken, vidra and 1 other person like this.
  8. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 STRIX
    as was said above,you can find sub-$200 z490 board that'll do the same thing.

you gotta accept there are people who have eur1500 f**k you money to throw on a mobo.

now if they started at 1500,that would be a problem.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  9. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Cool story , let's producet 100 mobos and make fuss about it, why ? because we can. It is not "consumer" product . You can compare that to Lamborgini Sales vs Golf sales.

10. ChisChas

ChisChas Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 3080 OC
    Crazy prices, buy 'last' gen mobos, simple solution

11. m4dn355

m4dn355 Master Guru

GPU:
    Guru3D 2080 Super H
    This is getting out of control, soon we'll need golden bars in order to upgrade our PCs . . .

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Well at least you can guarantee it will be in stock!

Falkentyne and ZXRaziel like this.
  13. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Wow! 3 4 years ago when we were beta testing Nvidia GFNow, there were rumors that low midrange class pc component prices will go way more higher (especially GPUs) and at some point most pc gamers will be pushed to Cloud Gaming who have low budgets. We didn't believe them, also we didn't believe Nvidia or AMD will raise the prices. Here we are... Look at those mainboard prices, look at the GPU prices.

GFNow has partners at Japan and Russia for now, but we believe there will be more all over the world. There is also AMD and Stadia. AMD = Consoles also.

They are all holding hands and will ruin PC gaming for most of us.

This is just the beginning.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    If it isn't made in China then it will be a high cost by default.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I dont see much users buying this platform anyway it makes no sense. If you have previous intel gen or am4 your set.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Nothing makes sense at the moment it seems.

The Reeferman, ZXRaziel and Undying like this.
  17. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    As every hobby PC gaming / productivity is expensive ... but this is just retarded stupid ...
    Let;s do the math
    CPU : 500 , Mobo : 1000 ( are you crazy ) , GPU : 1500 , Ram : 300 ( EURO ) this is just to much for a normal casual gamer ! .... even for a producer / influencer / streamer ....
    I know there are ppl who will pay this kind of prices but this does not justify AMD/INTEL/NVIDIA to raise the prices like this. ... sorry for the rant

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Supply and demand 101. If it sells then make people want it more by reducing stock.

19. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Well they figured people willing to buy overpriced graphics cards, so why not throw some overpriced motherboards into the mix.

screwtech02 likes this.
  20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I still remember when i bought my P5 Deluxe for my Q9550 for around 200€ and i felt like a champ because the board was great and it was basically at the high end list of ASUS.

Now the same money is barely enough for the entry MB and the higher end ones cost over 1.000€...

m4dn355 likes this.