Prelude Problems

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by jimmyjoe101, May 10, 2009.

1. jimmyjoe101

jimmyjoe101 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 280
    Hello,

I have an azuntech prelude. However, everytime I try to enable EAX in any game I own it says that it is not supported. I have installed the latest drivers and ALchemy. I have no idea why it says it is not supported and it is set on game mode. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

This has happened on both Windows 7 and Vista.

2. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForceā„¢ 8800 GTS Fat
    You need to use the alchemy app to enable for a game, if the game is not in alchemy you can manually copy alchemy's dsound.dll to the game folder.

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    or manually add it the the alchemy.ini. There is a site that list diffent durations and buffers that work best for games. Like a big list. I forgot the url tho.

4. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600

5. jimmyjoe101

jimmyjoe101 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 280
    Hello,

The two games I have tried this on before I posted was Medieval Total War II and Rome Total War, both gave the same error... that the hardware did not support EAX. They are both verified on that list. I have done a clean format and reinstalled the newest drivers and newest alchemy.

6. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    I believe that the version of alchemy included with the Auzentech drivers is older than the current Creative one. If you were to install the Sound Blaster X-Fi series Support Pack 1.1, which is what I am using with my Prelude, it may solve your problem.

7. jimmyjoe101

jimmyjoe101 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 280
    I figured out the problem. You have to enable the game via the alchemy app. I did not know the alchemy app existed. I figure you installed it and it just worked.

Thanks though

8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    I was going to suggest that, but didn't want to insult your intelligence.