1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PR - H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit Released and available For Purchase Inmediatly.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by chispy, Jul 19, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I see thanks, atm with H90 its mounted on the back 140mm as p/p inside and it works better this way..+ 1 side intake, 1 front intake, 1 top exhaust

I think I will use pull outside and use 3rd fan bellow on the left side as push outside, this should be enough to remove any extra air trapped above the case :)

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Just watched some more videos and pictures on this cooler....

What colour is the coolant inside this? As ALL the pictures and videos I have seen that res window always shows a blue glow!?? Can this be changed without changing the coolant?

Also, does all of these come with multiple LED's in the block? If so how do we select what cooler we want (software maybe?) and is this how we change the cooler of the coolant in that res window??

Thanks.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    @chispy: It seems that optimum installation for this is top of chassis (horizontal placement).
    Will there be any negative effect on performance / life cycle if placed vertically?

I plan my next build around Dec2k14 and would like to fit in small PC chassis refillable 240mm set.

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    @ CPC RedDawn , the coolant use on the H220-X is the Swiftech HidrX PM-2 Coolant , it has a blue color http://www.swiftech.com/Hydrx-PM2coolant.aspx . If you want to change the color of the coolant you will need to open up the loop and drain it ,refill with the liquid of your choice ,you can use just plain distilled water and PT nuke + a silver kill coil as that is what I use in all of my custom made water-loops and it works perfect for me , I have been using it for many many years.

Swiftech H220-X water-block - http://www.swiftech.com/ApogeeXL.aspx#tab3 ( Visual enhancements with an LED back-lit front logo plate available with 4 included color plates for blue (as shipped), red, green and clear lighting )

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    @ Fox , I will answer that question once I finish my review of the H220-X.

6. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Nice.

I have the H320 installed, it's a sweet product if you don't want the fuss of sorting out your own loop. Works like a charm, whisper quiet on my fan controllers too.

The new version looks great.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    It would be great if you could make an AIO with VRM/Mosfet cooling as well as the cpu as you could really push the boat out on the OC then as very hot Mosfets are the bottleneck for a failed CPU OC.

I think the triple AIO rads are overkill just for a cpu as there about the same thickness as a MCR320 which i used to use and that was complete overkill for cpu only.

I think if you could add VRM cooling it would really bring these AIO coolers to life and take them to a new level, maybe include a Mosfet block for certain types of mobos?

8. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX OC
    It would be difficult to make such all-in-ones. Even when using DIY setups, people rarely add mosfet cooling. If it's a limiting factor, and you have low amount of airflow there, add an extra fan. It doesn't have to be powerful, but you'll be blown away how much difference there is between no fan at all and a whisper-quiet fan.

9. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    I'd like to see them do an 180mm² version for some of Silverstones cases that use 180mm fans like the RaVen cases or the FT08

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I don't think it would be that difficult, you just make the block bigger like the monoblock. Simple. Yeah those little Asus spot fans are good, still not a patch on water which would allow higher and more stable clocks.

11. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX OC
    Well, it could be doable, but it would rather have to be branded by ASUS.

Anyway, I think it's ASUS to blame for overheating - please, check out the pictures of Rampage II and Rampage IV mosfet and other parts cooling. In order to make it pretty they decreased the surface area a lot. I really don't like it going in this direction. It should be a good piece of engineering, not fengshui.

12. trentbg

trentbg Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia
    Any word on a possible 360 version?

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    As per Mr. Gabe Rouchon ( Swiftech CEO ) , read post # 25 on this tread please. He stated " no triple 120mm version of the h220-X.. the max size will be dual 140. look up the H320 for a triple 120mm. . I hope that answer your question.

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Cooling my old Rampage 2 extreme Mosfets with a waterblock allowed me to go from 4.2-4.4ghz Ht-on fully stable in Linx, Occt, Prime and IBT.

Quite impressive in Jan 2011 before Sandy Bridge appeared. Its definitely worth cooling the mosfets, ive seen this with my own eyes.

Here is an old thread that i made about it although pictures are gone cause i changed uploader since and cba to put them back but i was successful at the time. Fully stable, without mosfet cooling it woulda failed at 4.3-4.4. Infact it did fail which is why i went that extra yard. Also the 930 is still running today perfectly.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=337300

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Tiny peak into the highly anticipated Swiftech H220-X , Review incoming , stay tuned ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There will be an overclocking report and a shootout , this time is the Swiftech H220-X versus the Corsair Hydro Series H105 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler , how this 2 high end aio stack up against each other ?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014

16. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  18. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Lucky guy, I want one, but unfortunately is not available here in Portugal, and ordering from USA is very expensive.

I would like to see a test with push config and pull config to see if there's much difference in temps.

The reason I ask is because with a push config against a grill will be very noisy.

Linux tested the cooler with Noctua fans which have lower rpm. The default fans should perform better with a little more noise.

In my opinion this design is worse and bulkier than the H220 or the Coolermaster Glacer.

Keep us updated,

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  19. Gabkicks

Gabkicks Member

GPU:
    r9 290 Tri-x OC Crossfire
    i just ordered the h220-x today. it looks like it should fit onto the rear of my antec 1200 case, hopefully it does.

20. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    ^^ Enjoy it Gabkicks !