Powermizer Disable Registry Keys

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by johnathonm, Mar 28, 2016.

1. johnathonm

johnathonm Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 ti 12GB
    Hi,

My machine completely died this weekend and my backup with the registry key's to disable powermizer completely went with it.

Would it be possible for someone to post the keys to disable powermizer via the registry for me. I, and my dog, would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

J

2. c0dycode

c0dycode Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Comparing the registry entries before and after using the Nvidia PowerMizerManager (you can download it from the "software.informer" site if you see the result on google

Looks like this [​IMG] )

Lists these entries

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{yourid}\000*]
    "RmRCPrevDriverLoadCount"=hex:02,00,00,00
    "PowerMizerEnable"=dword:00000000
    "PerfLevelSrc"=dword:00002222
    "PowerMizerLevel"=dword:00000000
    "PowerMizerLevelAC"=dword:00000000

3. johnathonm

johnathonm Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 ti 12GB
    You sir, may have my first born, his name is Arthur. I hope you raise him well.

4. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    may i ask what is the purpose of this tool? i never used or heard about it before

5. c0dycode

c0dycode Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I think this from the tools "Disclaimer" window explains it better than I could :p

[​IMG]

IIRC I've read about it that somebody used that to eliminate microstuttering or something. PowerMizer only seems to be used for mobile gpus anyway so I never really bothered to do any tests.

6. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming

7. FPChaim

FPChaim New Member

GPU:
    GTX 670MX @ +135 / +805
    I use powermizer only to disable the overheat slowdown. If I don't disable it, the gpu suddenly drops its p-state when it's "hot", resulting in either crash or very low fps(depends on the game).
    It's also possible to force the gpu to work on minimum, medium, maximun or adaptative clock, but I never had problens with the clocks, appart from the badly optimized games, of course.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  8. Biogent

Biogent Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 620M 1G
    Hi,
    I have a pretty similar question, so don't create new topic. Please help me to find registry keys for Windows 10 and change powermizer to max performance. Now I'm on Win10 21H1 x64 switched from Win 7 x64 and with last one NVPowerMizerManager worked perfectly but in Win10 it crashed with "NVidia registry key not found. Check debug console for more details." In console program not found needed registry values and stoped with message "(PMZMGR) --> Key not found! This software will work only with NVidia cards."
    Now GPU frequency dropped and I'm getting ~60% performance compared to old Win7 with NVPowerMizerManager set to high with no limits.
    Maybe you know how to make NVPowerMizerManager work and see my card (Optimus, Intel+GT 620M). Check some different drivers (Intel included) with no luck. Simple way in back to Win7 but I want to understand the reason why PowerMizerManager cant find needed keys in registry... Maybe in Win10 powermizer keys moved to other section?
    My settings:
    • Checked "Enable PowerMizer Feature";
    • Fixed Performance Level both on Battery and AC adapter -> Maximum without any Throttle;
    • Checked "Overheat Slowdown Override" to NO ANY F** SLOWDOWN (sory... but I hate NV slowermizer)

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  10. Biogent

Biogent Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 620M 1G
    Very informative o_O

11. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    That's because you are responding to a topic from 2016!
    Searches online show current Windows 10 doesnt have PowerMizer any more, hence what you are trying to do doesnt work.

12. johnathonm

johnathonm Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 ti 12GB
    Whoa.... I remember posting this thread eons ago. Man, Nvidia still blows. Powermizer 1.01, it's hosted on a Russian site will lock your max performance speeds of doom. But I feel, humbled... sniff.