PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by jctl, Dec 10, 2020.

1. jctl

jctl Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7600M
  2. alexp247365

alexp247365 New Member

GPU:
    geforce titan 6gb
    It runs silent 2300-2400 mhz. No Idea how to push it though as I'm new to AMD.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well pushing done with morepowertool / the AMD drivers. Afterburner can kind of meh things up I feel.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Yeah I think you have to use MorePower due to from what I've read fairly conservative power limit though I suppose the extra cores and all means it might not be too scalable before being unable to get further unless the custom designs allow more total power to the GPU.

Whereas if I got that bit correctly the 6800XT could scale higher but there's a cap at 2800 Mhz in the drivers.
    6800XT gets a maximum of 15% increase by default so if it's similar with the 6900XT then yeah it might need to be increased at least a bit more before it just can't scale further if it's purely limiter by power draw.

EDIT: Unsure if Afterburner with the latest beta or which version has best support for these cards allows for removing this limit that would also mean you'd have to go with Igors Lab and More Power Tool for increasing the cap further.

EDIT: What's the absolute maximum here anyway, 375W?
    (TDP of 300W so 15% and 345W but I am not quite exact as to how the power draw scales here so might be a bigger headroom available than 5% or so for 360/375 total available.)

An additional ~75W to 150W for a third 6 or 8 pin connector respectively if anything like that exists for these.

EDIT: GPU itself might stop scaling before that becomes a concern though, power, voltage and then thermals as some of the conditions involved in that.
    Thresholds and other limitations, AMD's drivers if it's similar to before where it tends to peak a little bit before the set value in Wattman and probably other factors or software caps like the 2800Mhz for the 6800XT cards.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    I have an Sapphire Nitro+ RX6800 and have ordered both an XFX Speedster MERC319 RX 6900 XT and a PC Red Devil RX 6900 XT LE. I consider both to be equally good, so whichever ships first would be the one I'll keep, hoping for the Red Devil but looks like the MERC319 might ship first.