Power Supply????

Discussion in 'nVHardPage' started by glock38, Aug 28, 2003.

1. glock38

glock38 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    I have nVidiaHardpage and it tell me that my graphics card isn't getting sufficient power and has to lower its performance even though I have a 300w supply??? What can I do???

2. Matuus

Matuus Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB GDDR3
    This message show only if you have card with conector for external power and you dont plugged cord correctly and running 3D aplications/games.

If you press POWER INDICATOR button in nVHardPage, then nvhardpage show you this windows (nVidia Sentinel) .....

I add this feature because I think that nVidia sentinel have a bug at this time (and new detonators correct this bug) and ever show this warning .... but maybe nVHardPage run only this warning window, rip from real nVidia Sentinel code.

Anyway, nothing happends, you card is OK, your power supply is OK.

3. ampleyfly

ampleyfly Guest

I have tested this power supply on a GeForce 2 MX something and a GeForce FX 5600, neither of them has a separate power supply thing, but still "nvidia sentinel" says that the card doesn't recieve enough power. Is this a bug or do I have to remove something in order to give the card more power? I have a 300W power supply. I have two PCI cards, two memory sticks, one CD-RW, one DVD-ROM, and one harddrive. I also have two additional fans in the chassi.