power problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bokloz, Jun 24, 2010.

1. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    the ram are set with with the factory speed ,timing and voltage

i sold my old ram and do not have others to try with

i tried lowering the FSB with no result

tomorrow i will try flashing the bios again and removing every thing you mentioned and see what will happen,thanks

2. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    ok here what i tried

i removed every thing from the motherboard except the vga and with ram at bass 2000 the problem occured again so i get every thing back and flashed the bios and the problem gone but after that i knew that flashing the bios setted the processor to 2.66 and ram to 1066 so tried again no problem i started raising the ram bass step by step every thing was fine until pass 1600 then the problem started again at pass 1800 and up ,by checking advanced timing of my RAM they are not supported in bios !! although the mobo manual say they are supported !!

so i think the problem is due to a conflict between mobo and ram ?? or there is another problem ??

and if this is the problem do you recommend working at pass 1600 until i can change my mobo (which i was intending next month ) or keep it at 2000 as this is not a problem ??

thank you all for help

Edit : What is really disturbing me is that do not happen from the first time it only started to happen when i missed out with the basic ram timings !! could it have damaged something in the ram or mobo ??

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010