Power Outage During Resize Partition

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Hiro1000, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Hey, I have an external hard drive, a WD 250 gig with 232.9 NTFS partition and there was also a 1 meg unallocated disk space on that drive, to which everytime I connected it to my pc, it would complain that it needed to format that 1 meg of space.

So I decided to grow the first partition by 1 meg, using gparted, However, during the growth, my power cut, and now I am left with an unreadable partition.

I've been using Active partition recovery, R-studio recovery, and Easus Data recovery, but no success yet in recovering my files. Is there anything I can do otherwise to recover the files on this hard drive?

I appreciate any help.

Thank You

2. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Acronis has a utility you can do to recover partitions.. works pretty good.

3. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Do you have Partition Table Doctor from Easus or just Data Recovery Wizard, i can PM you a link. Does any of the software you have used let you rebuild the partition table ?

TestDisk, TestDisk Step By Step. UBCD has some tools as well.

If you can't get any automatic recovery working then i guess your only choice left is trying to manually fix it using some low level disk tool, but I'm not sure how or if you would have much more luck with that, and if done wrong it will likely just make it even harder to recover.