Power and Glory v3 is out (long awaited GTR2 60's, 70's conversion mod)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Vandrende Pind, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    [​IMG]
    Power and Glory v3 mod is out for GTR2. I've just tried it out for a couple of hours, and it rocks. I've recently re-installed GTR2, since I wanted to try something else than Race07 for online racing. Browsing through GTR2 mods, I find this, good timing. I tried the first version of the mod back in '07 I think, and like it a lot, it was better than GT Legends, which models some of the same 60's and 70's cars.

The handling, and force feedback with the G25 wheel, is probably the best I've tried in any sim. It feels very realistic, and you get a lot of feedback in the wheel about what the tires are doing, and how the weight distribution is. Really good stuff. I also like that the stock FFB settings are spot on, in some sims it can take ages to find the best settings. The cars also feel very different to drive.

Pretty impressive this is all free. If you like realistic racing games, you should give this mod a whirl, I think it's worth getting GTR2 just for this. It comes with an installer that install over a clean unmodified GTR2 install, very easy. I'm gonna try some mp racing in this as soon as I learn not to spin too much. :)

Get it here: http://www.gtlw.co.uk/

Power&Glory v3 the 3rd part of the trilogy is finally finished.
    It's been a long adventure developing Power&Glory. We started working on the first demo and v1 back in late 2006 and we continued working hard through version 2 and then on version 3 from March 2009. That's a lot of time for a free mod and we gain and lost lot's of members of the team while working on this project.

We never gave up and what you're about to download is the result of pure passion for simracing, admiration for vintage real racing and respect for our motorsport heros.

A total mod of 2.30+ GB of compressed data, and over 3.9GB when installed, featuring completely redesigned User Interface, 59 aud sound configuration files and 1153 sound files made from scratch, 373 .car files with tons of skins and history described, 199 .hdc specific physics files, you'll find it difficult to drive to identical cars, 125 .tyr different tyre files all balanced and proportioned to one another, ingame setup tyre help manuals, improved collisions and multiplayer, improved force feedback and tons of incredible details on the 3D models and skins of the cars, every one of it painstakingly documented and verified from homologation papers, era magazines, books original service manuals and help from mechanics of the era and actual drivers.

A monumental work free for you to download, drive and immerse yourself a little bit in the lives of our 60s and 70s driving heroes.

Enjoy!

The GTLWorkshop mod team.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    interesting, I still have GTR 2 installed, might have to check it out. what the hell ever happened to GTR 3 anyhow ......

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    isn't it only free if you own both gtr2 and gt legends? I played the original mod and I think you need gt legends key to install it iirc.

I will so try this tomorrow, I'm a huge gt legends and gtr2 fan. both easily much better than some current attempts at sim racing.

edit: just checked, you'll need gt legends to install this.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  4. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    eclap, you must get this. I'm a big fan of simracing and espeically Sin Bins's titles too, and this is the best driving feel I've tried.

Only negative thing is that the graphics haven't been improved, except the lightning. Graphic mods, and track mods can still be added though, so that's good.

I thought it required GT Legends too to install - But it doesn't. Obviously you gotta have GTR2.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    are you sure it doesn't? it says on the mod official site that it does. also I remember one of the old versions needed it.

gt legends is my favorite sim of all times, had countless of great times racing online, loved the Porsche rsr round Dijon, such a blast. will install this tomorrow and give it a blast. can't wait.

6. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Simbin isn't talking about GTR3, all their attention is on Raceroom Racing experience at the moment. I'm pretty GTR3 still work in progress, and not cancelled.

7. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Nopes man, I don't have GT Legends installed, and I didn't have to bring out my disk during P&G v3 install.

This mod is really up my alley in that I love cars from that era. When I played earlier today, I kept getting wowed by each car I tried. The heavy ones, like the Mustang are really challenging to drive, and you can really sense it's a big heavy car.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    just gave it a bunch of laps round Catalunya... 2 gripes

1. no Dijon :(
    2. SweetFX doesn't work with this :(

Other than that it's absolutely phenomenal. Compared to this, pCARS is just another SHIFT game, nothing more. the FFB is very good. tried 2 cars, one was a BMW 3.0 CSL, the other one a Porsche 911 RSR of course, 2 completely different animals. will throw a more laps at this tomorrow.

EDIT: got SweetFX working, had to disable in game AA and set 8xMSAA and 4xSGSS in nvidia inspector, now it works and everything looks super sharp and the game still runs like silk.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  9. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Nice you like it. :) Remember that most the old GTR2 mods and tracks still work with P&G v3.
    I think there are a lot of 60's and 70's versions of the various tracks.

I've put in some new track textures, sky textures, and skid textures. Nice improvement, especially Cirquit de Catalunya, with the stock textures, has a much too dark asphalt.

Even though the game look a bit dated, the good thing is that it runs with 60fps, even with 31 AI cars. I might have to try Sweetfx too..

In case you don't know, http://www.nogripracing.com/index.php is the place to get most of the GTR2 mods. There's an active forum too.

The textures I got from http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/..._downloads&sort_order=desc&num=20&filter_key=

I think I'll stay with the low end 60's cars in the beginning, and work my way up. What wheel and rotation are you using, eclap? I've increased my rotation to 520, the devs on nogrip suggested me to use 900, I think that'll be like driving a bus though lol :)

Btw, it's recommended by the devs to press the green player button in the launcher to auto config the FFB, optimize the AI, it does some other stuff too, and then don't touch the FFB in the game menus (or it'll reset).

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just tried that thing with configuring the FFB and AI by clicking the green button in the launcher, works beautifully. Have to say, this is an amazing mod and miles better than most of today's sims (apart from rFactor 2 imho). tried a few cars again today, the Alpine Renault, also gave the Porsche 911 RSR a go, they all work great, the FFB and physics are up there with the best. Best of all, the game looks stunning, seriously set the time to 5pm and take a car for a spin round Catalunya, looks great. Sounds great too.

Ah, yeah, I know nogrip, been a member there for years, but only ever use them to download stuff, not active at all tbh. Now let's go see if there's Dijon on there for download.

11. StevePMo

StevePMo Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 6950 2 GB
    If you have rfactor, there is a similar mod for it called Historic GT and Touring cars, you have to have GTL to install it though. Just have to have the cd or dvd in the drive so the installer can check for it... it is pretty nice... http://historicgt.8.forumer.com/

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Don't have rFactor, hope they make it for rFactor 2 though, that would be amazing.

13. Pugmaster

Pugmaster Guest

GPU:
    But big investor Micas says pcars is a sim.
    I wonder how he'll feel learning that it's Shift3?
    Did he even like Shift2?

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Micas is a thug, like the rest of sms, how else do you explain a post from one of the devs on Facebook, saying about new car license, after having a few pints. such cowboys.

15. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    Did you only register here to say things like this about pcars?

edit: in response to pugmaster

16. Pugmaster

Pugmaster Guest

GPU:
    Are you stalking me?

17. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    Isn't it enough to post your conspiracy theory in the pcars thread? Do you really need to come in this thread to talk about pcars too?

I love the mod by the way. Seems like all i'm driving these days are classic cars. First in rfactor and now GTR2 :)

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    come on, it's a bit of fun :) let's have a hot lap competition, let's pick a car and a track and see who gets the fastest lap time ;)

19. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    Maybe we could try to get some people in a server.

Way more fun than hotlapping.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, but that's harder to organize. and you can hotlap anytime. how about Porsche 919 rsr round spa, stock setup and stock fuel? until we organize some online action?

edit: actually, let's run with custom set ups.