POV 9800GTX exo assasin creed overheating

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Asterix76, May 15, 2008.

1. Asterix76

Asterix76 New Member

GPU:
    POV 9800 GTX EXO - PNY 8800GT
    Hello guys

I have just bought this videocard, POV 9800GTX exo assasin creed , after 20 min of assasin creed the pc freezing or restart,the same thing when i run 3dmark06.
    I understand that the problem is overheating of graphics card because the fan raise RPM slowly, I don’t know why.
    Only whit rivatuner and set manualy the fan a 70% i can finish 3dmark06 and play.

guys do you have any advice to fix a problem?

i need help

thanks and sorry for my english

2. Tokintegra

Tokintegra Master Guru

GPU:
    3x BFG 8800GTX OC2 on h20
    sounds like when you turn the fan up the problem goes away. Monitor your temperatures and verify if thats the problem.

3. Asterix76

Asterix76 New Member

GPU:
    yes the problem go away when i set the fan at 70% with rivatuner, but it isn't normal that i have to set manualy the fan? or not??
    In idle and the fan set auto, the temperature is 61° while under stress rise (about 75°) until the vga freezing.
    If set 70% in idle the temperature is about 50° and under stress max 62° and i can play and do everything.

Is it possible that the problem is the bios (fan contol) setting of vga?

Thanks for reply!!!

4. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    I would not say 75C is hot for load. Are who sure you are measuring temps correct. Montior them with a program that logs the temps so u ca check after yu finished benchmark.

Hwmonitor is a good app that runs in the background get it here:

http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

If you are checking temps after benchmark they could have dropped by atleast 15c. So run that program with atitool and tell me how you get on.

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

5. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    just keep the fan at 70% using riva tuner...thats what i do..the noise doesn't bother me..i wanna keep the card as cool as possible.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Just adding my 2 cents here but it sounds like your PC innards are just not well ventilated causing the GPU to overheat. Make sure you have good airflow inside your PC with at least two fans, an in- and exhaust fan. Create some airflow.

Until then indeed, force your GPU fan speed to 60-70%.

7. Asterix76

Asterix76 New Member

GPU:
    Ok I'm triing to run hwmonitor with atitool and I'm answering you this evening. I agree with you that 75C is not too hot for the GPU.
    I thought is not the temperature of GPU but it could be the temperature of DDR. don't you think??

Thanks for the support!!

8. Asterix76

Asterix76 New Member

GPU:
    Thanks for reply, but the case is well ventilated with two fans in- and one out + power supply..

9. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    its over heating running assassins creed your joking right ?

9800 should not break a sweat running that game on full ?

anything else over heating ? cpu ram ? mobo ?

but as Hilbert said good ventilation would help in any case ...no pun intended

10. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Could be , i don't suppose you have anyway of measuring your case temps have you. And is you ram overclocked and what about cpu.

11. Asterix76

Asterix76 New Member

GPU:
    hello!!!
    TEST 1
    I just did the ati tools test suggested THEBIG360 so:
    1) After 1 min crash and the test stop working (fan control setting auto)
    2) The temperature are [​IMG]
    3) The fan increase only at 55%:bang:

i'm going crazy!!!!

TEST 2
    1) After about 2 min crash and the test stop working (fan control setting 70%)
    2) temperature GPU mAx 62

TEST 3
    1) the test work fine for 15 min (fan control setting 100%!!!!!)
    2) temperature GPU MAX 62

Is not normal!!!! or not!! what i have to do!!!

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  12. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    If you feel confortable with unscrewing the cover from the box, you could check to see if the block is misplaced on either the memory or the core, if not see the the fan is pulling or pushing the air onto the graphic card
    (if you put your hand just below the card, it should feel as its sucking up the air)

13. Asterix76

Asterix76 New Member

GPU:
    The air go inside the VGA!! I would unscrew the cover, but if i do this I lose the warranty!! there will be seals of warranty:bang:? if not i remove the cover!!I am curious to see if the memory are placed right with the block.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  14. Asterix76

Asterix76 New Member

GPU:
    I removed the cover, and all was ok! I did a benck and i touched with the finger to understand where was the hotter zone.It was near the two power connectors, there are probably condensers??? or somenthing like this impossible to touch... is it normal for you??

Moreover I would check if my bios is ok? Somebody could help me to find out bios for the card? i just check techpowerup?

15. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    You should really stop saying stupid things if you don't know what you're talking about, kylzer.
    It's a version of the 9800GTX named the Point of View 9800GTX Exo, which comes bundled with Assassin's Creed for PC.
    Thus PoV 9800GTX Exo Assassin's Creed.

To the OP: Try taking off the heatsink, clean the surface of the GPU core with Isopropyl Alchohol, then apply some Arctic Silver 5 - but not too much. Make an even layer of AS5 on it, and reapply the heatsink. This might help.
    Also, load temperatures at 75c isn't too bad. I get about 76c in a GPU stress test such as FurMark with my 8800GT, but it's overclocked as much as possible - with the stock cooler. But in games I don't usually get it above 72c~.

Last edited: May 16, 2008

16. Asterix76

Asterix76 New Member

GPU:
    Yes I could try. Thanks (I have to bought AS5), for me the problem isn't the temperature of the GPU but, i repeat, near the two power connectors there are probably (condensers) or somenthing like this impossible to touch.

I don't know, I finish the ideas.:nerd::biggun:

It could be a problem of drivers? (I use the latest 175.16)