Postage during the pandemic

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by MaCk0y, Aug 21, 2020.

1. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    What's the situation regarding delivery of parcels in your country since the pandemic began? Are you receiving the parcels at all? Late or on time? The local delivery company blames the reduced flights and the huge accumulation of postage. They also say that the tracking details provided by the Chinese couriers when they show that the parcel arrived in the country are fake. I trust neither. :p :D

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Seems okay here in Scotland - not had any issues...yet

3. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Local deliveries seem mostly OK. International packages have delays. It takes 2x longer to deliver packages within EU.

MaCk0y likes this.
  4. Hit and miss in my state ( USA ) - USPS has found itself target of political conflict that won't be over until the next Presidential election. If it's time-sensitive or work-related I'll pay the priority overnight service for UPS/FedEx.

Brasky likes this.

5. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 Pulse
    In Germany near Hamburg it was a bit late in april, depending from where the package came it too 1-2 extra days compared to before covid
    but since mid may it's back to normal without any delays till now

6. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    i haven't noticed anything pandemic related, there is a small delay now with some of the california wildfires. Everything has been shipped and arrived on time.

7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    A little bit perhaps, but nothing major. My country pretty much killed private imports in April anyway by adding sales tax and import toll to all packages. Previously we could import stuff without any extra cost as long as it was below 35 euro, which meant massive amounts of Chinese goods.
    This has nothing to do with Covid though.

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Bills have no problem arriving on time. Have had a couple of issues with USPS. Still have a parcel that has been in the tracking system for literally two months. Package says it is available at the post office. Problem is that post office is over 200 miles away. Cannot tell you how many times it cycled through Portland. No issues what so ever with UPS or Fedex.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I've had no issues getting packages shipped through UPS. FedEx, I'm used to delivering packages late without a pandemic, so no change there. USPS has always been an issue for me because the people at my post office are incompetent...

10. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    Thanks for the responses. So nothing major. Would like more responses from within EU and international delivery from other EU countries and China. Here, many people have problems with delivery including myself. Several packages have not arrived and their replacements neither. I won't be surprised if they are delivered next year. :D Or not at all.

Even DHL has failed me recently. The only courier who was successful was

[​IMG]

:D But it seems they are not very popular with retailers. I only know of Sportsdirect who uses them.

11. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    Occasional slow delivery in the Netherlands, but otherwise everything arrived.

Actually, some stuff arrived even faster than before 2020... (probably due to more people hired?)

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Business as usual here in Sweden.
    Yes.
    On time.

MaCk0y likes this.
  13. Oh to live in Sweden...

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    ^_^

15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Delivery are OK in Italy, except the period of the total lock-down, postage and delivery services are OK. It took like 3 day and a half to deliver an RMA from north-east of Italy to California (Corsair) with UPS. Bills never came late XD

16. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    I received a package sent on 11 June. Four months later. Maybe will receive older ones now. :p

17. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    For me first class are taking two days and second class are taking three or four days.

18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I've had a lot of delayed packages, especially from FedEx. In fact I was expecting a new Xbox controller from Amazon and Fedex this week but it was classified as lost or undeliverable just yesterday. I had a beautiful and heated chat with a supervisor.

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Still seems ok, i got the Quest 2 on launch day from Argos and the delivery guy just dropped it at the door and moved back so i could open the door to pick it up, plus nothng to sign, so no actual contact which will help keep the risk low for these people doing their job.............plus i wipe down the letter box every morning for the wee postman coming just to be on the safe side.

20. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX1070 8G
    Belgium here, seems to be fine, maybe one day per parcel extra.
    Wich is totally fine by me, I can understand the delay.
    It's on other fronts that my country isn't performing well.