POST YOUR Game Room/ Station PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jiu-jitsuGOD, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Wow, lots of great setups guys, thanks for posting! I especially like Gabes drum kit, that is pretty awesome man! Ruin what is like gaming with your monitor turned like that? I can't tell what size your monitor is but I've got the same type of screen (Gateway) and mine also tilts that way! Well I was supposed to post a few pictures of my rig a while ago but didn't get around to it until today. After looking at everyone elses rigs I kinda wish my setup wasn't so boring but overall I'm pretty happy with it, at least for a few days!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    its a miracle of physics how so many people manage to fit sooo much clutter in the smallest of rooms

3. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
  4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I've got most of my crap shoved in the closet....

5. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    @Roger

Didnt you had a Stacker Before???

6. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Roger that is a mean setup. Used to have the TJ07 myself and loved it, however for my purposes the TJ09 is a better case. The way you have setup your wc loop in there is wicked, looks amazing.

7. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    quad sli8800GTX @826/2900 :) (H2o)
    roger that is really nice.... your wire sleeving is mint.. if you hide your wires more behind your monitor for your left and right channels it will be perfect..

8. s4_squalo

s4_squalo Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4870x2 2GB
    ^^ beautifal, just beautifal

9. CHUCKIT

CHUCKIT Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1080 8G
    Roger_D25 i see you got a new set of speakers, is that center one still taped on? :-D

i have to get a new digital camera, it got dropped and broke beyond repair...but i have a new apartment with a great , imo, new set up :-D

10. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Thanks for the kind words guys, much apprecaited!

Scout,
    I did used to have a Stacker case but I sold it to another member here so that I could get the Silverstone TJ07 case which was very expensive. Although I liked the Stacker I really wanted the Silverstone.

jiu-jitsuGOD,
    Your right about those speaker wires, didn't really notice it that much until after posting those pictures. I think I'm going to lower the height of the two front channel speakers so that when the speaker wires are routed behind the monitor you won't even see them so thanks much for the suggestion!

CHUCKIT,
    Fortunelty that front channel speaker is no longer taped to the monitor, I ended up using a few short pieces of velcro to hold it in place. The Logitech X-540 center channel speaker is made to mount onto LCD's monitors but it doesn't work so well, especially if you ever move your monitor around which I do quite often (raising and lowering it). By the way get yourself another camera soon and post some pictures of the new setup, your hardware is awesome!

Here are a few more pictures taken while I was actually rebuilding my setup. I probably should have posted these before the ones I posted earlier?

Here is why I won't use any cheap dyes again, this is gross!
    [​IMG]

Heres the case almost completly emptied out before I started the rebuild.
    [​IMG]

Here are all the waterblocks I had been using (well except for the MCW-30 which I didn't use on the southbridge but wanted to. I decided to keep the north/southbridges on air since my new radiator is smaller than my old PA120.3.
    [​IMG]

Here is my homework desk which is located in my bedroom, well it turns into my computer workshop sometimes, lol!
    [​IMG]

My new radiator, Black Ice Extreme GTX 240. In hindsight I wish I bought the Thermochill PA120.2 but the build quality of the BIX GTX 240 is very nice even if it looses a couple degrees over the PA120.2.
    [​IMG]

I was hesitant to purchase this resovoir because it cost almost $60 but it's build quality is awesome. Plus it makes almost no noise at all because of the way its baffled inside. Lastly the acrylic is about 3/8" thick so it feels very strong.
    [​IMG]

I used some aluminum angle stock to make a custom radiator mount. My old PA120.3 was never really mounted to my case so I had to be careful when moving my case around. Now I don't have to worry because its solidly mounted.
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of the southbridge on my eVGA 680i A1, it should be an Nvida 590 but its' actually an Nvidia 570 found on the cheaper versions. My first 4 680i A1 boards all had 590's but this one clocks much higher than any of them, especially on FSB (not sure if the 570 made a difference though)?
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of the almost finished build.
    [​IMG]

11. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nice as always Roger. But why did you really get rid of the ThermoChill? Any reason for stepping down to 2x120?

I would be careful with using water additives with that reservoir. I had one that literally exploded when I cleaned it with isoproanol a year ago (yes it was 100% clean isoproanol, yes it was stupid :p) I'm sure that one is of better build quality though, or it should be at that price!

12. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I actually remember your res blowing up, still don't know why that happened though right? In anycase ever since then I've been very careful when cleaning that stuff, lol! To answer your question John, at the time I just wanted to have some additional room in my case. In hindsight though I really wish I didn't sell it! Infact I contacted the guy who bought it and asked if he would sell it back to me but he certainly didn't want to (and I don't blame him)! At first my new temps sucked, especially since I now only have my CPU and GPU running in my loop, but after some adjusting and resetting of my CPU block things have changed significantly! Fortunelty my temps are much better now, infact my CPU and GPU run on average about 1-3C cooler than before with the PA120.3 and underload my temps are also better (but I think that has more to do with not watercooling my chipset, having less restriction in the loop, and higher CFM fans) But in general I regret selling the PA120.3! Hopefully jonerkinseller will enjoy it as much as I did!

13. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    well now I know why mine just did that... thanks john.. i though something happened like it fell... while in the sink..damn...

14. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I am very glad I didn't use any strong chemicals to clean my new resovoir, I would have been pissed throwing $60 away! By the way jiu-jitsuGod have you posted any pictures here in the Rig Gallery, your system is sick (just noticed your system specs)! At only 128GB a piece you must have alot of solid state drives to make up 2 TB!

15. SpeedyVV

SpeedyVV Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    Roger, I was all proud of finishing my 1st build, but now I am totally humbled.

I am glad I did finally do a build myself, because now I can appreciate what an amazing piece of work and attention to detail that is.

I will learn from it

16. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Roger i don't think Jiu actually has all that kit!

Processor: AMD Quad-FX@3.6 Ghz (H2o) 1.55V :) (is this 2 cpu's?)
    Videocard: quad sli8800GTX @826/2900 :) (H2o) What is quad sli in the 8 series?
    Motherboard: Asus 4x4 Q-FX680aSLI
    Memory: 8 GB OCZ
    Soundcard: Fatal1ty X-fi pro -Ageia Physx
    PSU: 2x truepower 1000 Watt
    Storage: solid state HD 2 terrabytes
    Case: UFO Cube (mountain mods) OS:

17. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Well I didn't just want to come right out and say that (trying to be the nice guy), lol! But yeah I was thinking the same thing! It certainly would be quite a system though right?

SpeedyVV,
    That is very cool of you to say, thanks very much! I was proud of my first build (and it was just replacing the video card in my first Dell computer)! Despite just replacing a video card it is what got me hooked on computers, after that I started changing everything around. Did you enjoy building your first rig?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  18. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    lol the only thing thats not true in my profile is the solid state bull**** I have 4 raptors in raid 0 and only 2 8800gtx's... everything else is correct.... I was messing around with Flawlez and never changed ti back...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  19. Catroqui

Catroqui Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080/1080 Ti
    We want pics.LOl

20. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    but im amazed at rogers patience and attention to detail on his system.. he spent alot of time on it..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.