1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your game room/station pics #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Mar 18, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Larger screens are perfectly viable, you just have to sit further back.

2. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    I ask because while I wanna game on the large screen but I want my icons and taskbar etc to be on the smaller one

3. sexus

sexus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    lolz, anyhow as i said above no more comment on this since you seem to have it all figured out :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  4. sexus

sexus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    samsung? you mad? panasonic is the nr.1 plasma producer you do know that right? :3eyes:

5. sexus

sexus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    https://www.google.com/search?sourc...84l0l6305l30l28l0l26l0l1l791l1202l4-1.0.1l2l0

but you wont be able to use youre cursor or keyboard while youre gaming on the second display, just look through those links there should be a solution in those :)

but tbh clone mode is still the best solution to me and if you have a seperate remote controll for youre pc main display there shouldnt be no problem thou i just switch off my monitor by hand any time i feel like sitting back and enjoying a movie or have a long gaming session aka am not sitting at my desk doing what im doing atm yes you guessed right i got this all setup in my bedroom , my living room is another universe for itself :)

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    my current new series samsung plasma is pure epic :eek: and really really thin :D if something is better then this in picture q then i'm amazed o_O

7. sexus

sexus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    there is trust me -.-'

but im happy youre ok with youre samsung there are good samsungs but panasonic is the nr.1 plasma producer nonetheless :)

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    It's just that my parents had one, and it was AMAZING!!!!!!! i still had a xbox back then and the graphics were like PC from 5ft away. :eek:

Couldn't see any jaggys from that distance and the picture was superb and smooth.

I think it was a Samsung PS50C530 but im not sure.

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    That's my chair I use when I'm at home a few weeks a year, my decent one is at my place.

Also it's not a small desk? It just has a load of monitors on it. It's 160cm across, 60cm the other way, and 100cm on the L part.

The far left is an AOC LM720A from 2003 and the other I'm not sure. Like I said I was just trying out everything I had, they're not used anymore.

Are you going to post a pic or just comment on others...

10. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Lol! I don't think that's the intention the artist had when it was initially drawn :p
    Though if you like anime themed wallpapers, check out konachan.com. They got some pretty good ones :thumbup:

11. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I use a 55" for pc gaming and I sit 2.5 metres from the screen ( the back rest of the lounge is exactly 2.5 metres from the panel itself ).

I use a global zoom in google chrome for reading text.

I was sick of TN panels and overpriced IPS panel monitors. Also it is impossible to get a desk chair that remains perfect and supportive after long term gaming sessions. On the couch I use a gamepad but also have an extension cord and have my M'KB on the couch too, it's perfect for every use.

Down with desks!

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Yea... that's what i'm slowly working towards myself. Right now still in my usual setup... but i currently have a classic (Non-LED) Vizio 32" Theater 3D TV hooked up as my main monitor... just to see whether or not i actually like Theater 3D compared to active shutter.... and they both seem to have their own pros and cons as usual. But eventually, probably around the time of the Super Bowl when there'll more than likely be some more nice deals on TV's since i missed that nice 42" LED backlit Vizio 3DTV, i'll get one permanently. This one i'm just testing for a little, then returning. Main thing i noticed, at least with this one, that i don't like is there's a serious amount of input lag if Game Mode isn't turned on.

Eventually though it will be a larger TV, and probably my LoveSac MovieSac to lounge in while gaming/computing. Only thing that will suck is that i just got a fantastic monitor arm for my 24" Gateway monitor near the beginning of this year, and hardly got to make much use of it so far since if i extend it, it seems like the thing is going to break a hunk of particle board off my desk along with the monitor arm clamp and monitor.

13. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I need to get a better lounge...everything else is good but my lounge sucks...

I went from this ( 22" + desk ) ( I had several monitors after this one as well, 2x 23.6" screens but both had horrible picture quality )

[​IMG]

To a desk in front of my 40" after I realised how bad my TN panel was in comparison. I played Farcry 2 and saw colour gradients I didn't know existed on LCD screens. This is with my old speakers.

[​IMG]

Then these arrived and I figured I'd get a bigger TV so I didn't have to sit in front of a desk any more and I moved the lounge forward a bit.

[​IMG]

This is with the new 5.1 speakers and my 40"

[​IMG]

Now with 7.2 and my 55"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was never really comfortable at a desk, because in order to have the monitor at the correct viewing height you had to have the desk higher than adequate for M/KB, now my wrists aren't strained and I'm much more comfortable.

14. steveyc27

steveyc27 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a 24" monitor, but would really like a 27" or 30" :) I have a Logitech Z-5300 5.1 surround sound setup, just can't see it well in thesee pics.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  15. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

that windows 7 ultimate sleeve is the "Steve Ballmer" limited prerelease copy of w7 (beta testers were able to win this if they were selected to host a w7 houseparty) - i was!!! it comes with a copy of both 32bit and 64bit w7 ultimate DVDs and one product key for activation and the sleve is gold and chocolate with steve ballmer's autoinscribed signature (not real ink) ohh and i am still using a Sony NetMD Walkman...even tho the MDs only hold about a 80 minutes of music, its still really effin cool!

thats a wireless keyboard hooked up to my 360... its a logitech k360 (ironic naming haha) and it also is grey/black and pastel chartruese (just like the xbox 360 color scheme) also one xbox controller for my pc, and one for my 360

16. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Awesome, I still have one somewhere, I was the only person I knew who even owned a mini disk player...the tech just didn't catch on

17. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    dude.. i actually had one in my junior year of HS... but the one i have now.. it actually was my fiance's dads.. when she gave it to me i couldnt believe i actually saw this in her hand putting it into mine... when she gave it to me, it was the first time i saw one ince 2002 hhaha

18. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I love old tech, it's always the old dudes that know what's up. When I was in my first year of high school my friend's dad had a program called audio catalyst...it had an MP3 codec and MP3 converter. I don't know exactly what year but I think it might have been 97 or 98. I hadn't even heard of MP3's and he had thousands of ripped CD's in MP3 format. He was real PC hardware savvy too, he built my first PC which had an AMD duron in it :rock:

HOMM2...those were the days.

19. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    wow.... i had an Archos Jukebox Studio 20 MP3 player with 20GB of storage when i was in high school. haha.

And... probably should have had a NSFW note with those pics there, sublime.

dchalf: that's why you need a monitor arm. Stock monitor stands can be nice... like the one that came with my Gateway FHD2400.... but they don't offer that much in the range of tilt angle. Whereas the Ergotron LX Desk Mount monitor arm.... well.... see for yourself.

[​IMG]

Sorry bout the mess... but you can see that there pretty much ends up being NOWHERE you can't position the monitor. That bit you see sticking up at the back is the second swivel post that also has height adjustment... so i can basically take it from where it is now, which is basically one Wii remote away from the top of the lower part of the desk.... to the point where the bottom of the monitor would probably be quite close to the top of the 32" TV. Such a wide range of positions. I kind of wish that my monitor was a touchscreen, because you can basically lay it out in front of you almost like an artist's table.

20. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    i started with comps when i was 13 i had the old vertical slot loaded pentium 2 with i dont know, maybe a 256MB ram chip hahha that **** was ancient and the only AMD i had was a sempron 2800+ later on in life lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.