Post your game room/station pics #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Glidefan, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
  2. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people so i have my sound setup done now i had to send front pair of 902i book shelfs back as they were damaged but heres my room with 6.1 + pc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Nice HDR XD, but how can you read from so far away from your PC.

4. Osuperman

Osuperman Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    What a groovy thread... I wanna join in! Here's my womb :D

[​IMG]

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition

6. Osuperman

Osuperman Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    Hey dude, they're mission bipolar rear speakers - on the other side of the room is a projector screen (projector is above monitor). I use them as my PC front speakers :) and rear speakers for projector. So as I can just spin around to watch stuff on a big screen.

[​IMG]

The sound isn't amazing, not much bass but they do give a good spacious sound - better than headphones!

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I hate you, but love you at the same time. I'M SO LOST.

8. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

ok its kool sitting on sofa loads better than chair, i can lay down and chill lol, as for the mouse i use the sofa my mouse runs on virtually any surface and my sofa makes a great mouse mat

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    cool
    you might consider a good gamepad with FPS option for some games..anything but online and some twitch type fps games but whatever works best for you
    the gyro mice arnt too shabby either

10. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    My little gaming corner in the office.
    Still living at home btw, i got the entire upstairs to myself, but it gets very very warm there during the summers so thats why i have my rig downstairs.
    [​IMG]

11. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people any idea how i can hide my speaker cable i have alot and its thick, i have concrete floors so theirs no hiding them under...

[​IMG]

12. guezz

guezz Member

GPU:
    GTX 280
    My HTPC
    E6400@3.2
    GTX 280
    4 GB
    Creative Gigaworks S750
    Toshiba Regza 42Z3030D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Osuperman

Osuperman Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    Hey damien666, you could run it down the side of the room, if you have enough to spare; by either making a hole down the wall by skirting or build a cable run and hide it inside.

You could invest in flat speaker wire, which usually uses thicker copper wire so its easier to mould around corners and it's quite cheap... I run my center and rear speakers using flat wire under the carpet. It's great because you can stick it down with duct tape and its gone.

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Well I worked in many high end studios as a producer, so yeah I've heard some of the best speakers in the world, being pumped by some of the best gear/amps in the world.

Speakers all sound different, and maybe using different cable with different speakers will change the freq. response to a degree, but certainly not enough to justify the cost. especially on consumer/semi-pro speakers. You're talking to an audio engineer of over 10 years :)

15. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Some cant hear any difference with cables and cable wars rage aplenty on hifi forums and soon turn to insults.If you cant hear any difference it does not mean there isnt one.My interconnects are missing link cryo ref at £300 each and my speaker cable cost £35 a meter.I can hear the difference.You should spend around 20% of the system cost on cables IMO or will not realise the systems true potential.But as i said some cant hear any difference so try before you buy and if you dont hear any gain spent the money on more music.

16. Dieheart

Dieheart Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GT 512MB

You mean the PQ ;).

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i have it going around my room at the moment mate i have like 100 meaters worth lol

sorry dint mean to diss you i was just trying to say these sound better than all my others ive had

im glad you think this i can hear the differences between different interconects and cables too, i can tell quiet abit and it anoys me some times

18. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Perceived Quality? lol :banana:

19. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    Ahh speaking of which, a lot of people on this forum use IQ as if it = Image Quality.

I really wish no one ever used that because IQ is intellgence quotient, as far as common knowledge goes.

PQ however, is commonly used for Picture Quality, and is probably a better way to go, and doesn't confuse anyone. Just my 2 cents of sense.

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    why use acrynomms at all if a series of letters is suppose to be just for specific things?

i think the common kowledge is you refer to an acryonim depending on where your at. i dont really see "intellegence qutient" being on a computer/gaming site but would naturally think that if i were on a physist or nurological type site.

acronym can also be an acronym: A Crazy Reminder Of Names You Misplaced lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.