Post pics of your Home Theatre/TV

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by mcnabb311, Apr 26, 2005.

1. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    I'm really big into home theatre and surround sound. I have a Sony HD 57 inch CRT rear-projection TV, a JVC 600-watt 5.1 surround sound amp, Bose Acoustimass 10 surround sound speakers with an extra Sony Dual 10 inch subwoofer, HD DirecTV receiver, Sony Progressive-Scan DVD player, a PS2, and a Gamecube.

Here's some pics...... and my little doggie is in it too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DboneU68

DboneU68 Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9800 XT
    Are you watching Dr. Phil?

3. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080
    clean... u must be wealthy :p

4. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, the wife was home, haha.

5. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    oh, the wife...I guess that explains things.

Perhpas Ill give you a look see at my setup if i can find my camera.

6. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Don't have an HT setup anymore as such :(

everything got rearranged so there wasnt space to have proper speakers/amp/everything else

I did have another Mordaunt Short/Cambridge Audio setup but its not together atm

7. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    I do pretty good. I'm a chemical operator and my wife works a little bit waiting tables. I made a ton of overtime last year too. My wife and I together probably grossed around $95,000. I wont get anywhere near that this year though.

8. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    i have a 32'' tv in my room. though it's a big screen tv it's not a good tv. the sound from it is bad. though at least it has s-video so i can game my ps2 on it with an awesome picture. and there's also a projector hdtv in the living room though it's not good either though everyone in my family is in denial about it and think it's the hottest sh1t. they just don't know about IQ quality like me. i keep telling them to consult me whenever they buy anything electronic but nnnnooooooooo.

i'd post pics but i don't think my sister's digicam can interface with the computer. at least that's what she tells me. =/

9. rsjrv99

rsjrv99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 OC Windforce
    What a cute little doggy!

Man i wish i had a TV like that. Very nice home theater system. My home theater system is my computer i guess. 5.1 speakers are very nice during movies.

10. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Well you can have the baddest TV in the world, if you don't have a HD source it'll look like any other TV. Your parents may actually have a decent TV. Right there I'm actually watching cable TV. So it doesn't look the best. HD looks great though.

Oh and BTW anyone notice the PS2 flip-lid ;)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005

11. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    yea, i know it has to have a hdtv signal for it to look optimally it's just that no matter the tweaking the picture doesn't quite look right and a portion of the left side of the screen will have a yellow hue with certain colors. it's currently in stretched mode because standard mode has those annoying grey bars on the sides. though to be fair i haven't used a hdtv signal so i don't know if it would look better with a hdtv signal though any decent hdtv should be able display a good scaled ntsc picture.

yea, i have a ps2 flip-top cover also. ;) swapmagic is nice.

12. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Having a yellow hue isn't good. That's usually a sure sign of a speaker nearby that's not magnetically shielded. Also, my TV has a "wide zoom" setting that keeps the stretching to a minimum with no black bars on your standard 4:3 mode. You might try that with yours.

13. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    i don't think it's due to magnetic interference as it only happens with certain colors and the hue is a perfectly shaped rectangular bar. i think it's just the way the tv is. and the tv speakers are on the bottom. yea, i use the stretch function of the tv.

14. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Could be a bulb problem, have seen that before with the actually bulbs, but they cost around $200-300 in a standard big-screen to replace, less the smaller the TV gets obviously.

Here is my HT with some before and afters.

www.angelfire.com/nj4/tvpics/index.html

The HT you have is nice, nice wood cabinets which I wish I had as well as a decent TV.

The one mistake you have made is on your choice of speakers and reciever, not to bash you in or anything. Bose makes the absolute worst speakers possible. Did you know they are actually made out of paper? Manufacturers were using paper back in the 70's and 80's but today new thin lightweight and more durable material is used for cones in speakers which gives them better freuquency responce as well as a long life span. There are microbes that actually eat away at the lining on the bose cones... Disguisting eh?

The bose acoustimass module uses mid-range drivers instead of a true subwoofer. It's frequency responce is from about 250Hz to around 60-70Hz. This is very poor seeing that true sub frequencies start at about 100Hz and dip down to around 20Hz. That's probably the reason bose calls it an acoustimass module instead of an actual subwoofer.

You're reciever just has a poor wattage rating, it may say 100w x 6 but in reality you are looking at maybe a real rating of around 30watts. Harman/Kardon offers some very high-end recievers and you can't get much better than them until you get into seperates.

Other than thats it's a beautiful system. But definantly upgrade those Bose speakers. They are just a name and when you realize what other stuff out there that is better you can get, you'll drop your jaw and smack yourself in the head for buying bose. Remember when it comes to speakers, bigger woofers and bigger enclosures and 95% of the time better.

15. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    also cute dog dude, gotta love dogs.

16. Snooper

Snooper Master Guru

GPU:
    2xASUS EN7800GTX
    I have a JVC 48" and the home theater JVC 5.1 system, my bedroom is the 27" phillips flat screen and that phillips VCR/DVD combo unit. I've been looking around the last few days into making an HTPC i have a few ideas but i plan on swapping my JVC for a Phillips 50" flat panel and either make the media center pc or buy one but i figure i can make one cheaper than 1300 that i have seen the pre-built ones for but the cases out there leave something to be desired...

17. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yeah I bought those Bose about 8 years ago. Just had to have 'em. Stupid me......... At the time I lived with my parents in a really small room, and they were plenty loud at the time. I'd really love to sell the damn things and replace everything except the Sony sub with some Polk's including some Polk Towers. My Bose center is really killing me.

As for the Receiver, it's adequate for now. It really overdrives the Bose so I don't know what It'll do to some real speakers. Unfortunately, everything is on hold because my wife is pregnant with my first child. Blowing the roof off the house with a newborn probably isn't going to happen any time soon.

I really like what you did taking your components off the TV and putting them on shelves. And I think you and I have essentially the same DVD player.

18. MR.BONES

MR.BONES Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx6850
    I have a Samsung 46in DLP HD paired up with an LG 600W Home Theater System with Progressive-Scan DVD/DVD-Audio/CD/MP3 Player:D No game system thats what the puters for:D :D

[​IMG]

19. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Wow, really love the DLP man. DLP was just too expensive at the time I bought my TV. Best looking TV's at the moment IMO. Slick looking towers too.

20. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Acutally it looks exactly the same. Mine is the 725P... Great dvd-player I gotta say.

As for the rest of it, if it was my house I would have a pure wooden cabinet and everything all nicely done but as I live with my aunt and cousin they just don't really care too much to get the better stuff.

I had a Polk sub and klipsch speakers, and the polk sub upsetted me until I got an SVS woofer.

If you have the money definantly invest in an SVS Subwoofer, theyare great products. Also the Polk towers are kinda eh... Look towards Infinity, Klipsch, or Monitor Audio. The Synergy series from Klipsch isn't too much and gives friggen awesome sounds, but it depends on how you like your sound.

By the way, any reciever could power Bose speakers, i'm sure even a dumb radio clock could power them to their full potential. :D

Otherwise it's really nice.