Possibly working in Kosovo. How is it?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by peanutmanak47, Jan 4, 2012.

1. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hahaha well it do crave danger and excitement, that's why I'm going into this job. I was in the USMC infantry for 4 years, so danger isn't anything to really deter me from good money. I'm not to worried about the mob or anything like that. I'm not a damn ass and won't do stupid stuff around the area to put myself at risk.

2. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    :p Just being in the area, is doing the stupid stuff.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Dont **** around with women.
    Dont discuss history/politics.
    Do not look down upon the people, many of them went through hell.
    Educate yourself about the history/wars/religion but do not take sides, emotionally or otherwise.

4. peanutmanak47

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hahaha. Well someone has to do it.

Noted. Thanks.

And just curious, why is it a no-no to mess with the women?

5. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    How is it?:

[​IMG]

But you'll see when you get there.

6. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Not going to reply because I would be starting a war thread. The facts are on-line anyone can see them but I wouldn't take a Serbs opinion seriously as the party on the losing end of the conflict and the side accused of some major ethnic cleansing.

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Yeah, help the OP out about moving to the area. Let's not drag this in to a war thread.

Any more postings on the war will result in infractions I'm afraid.

8. peanutmanak47

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah, thanks hallryu.

I know about all the war and everything like that now. I don't care to hear any more about that stuff.

9. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    Juggernaut suit dude.that's what you need or at least "dragon skin" armor.

10. peanutmanak47

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    lol. I followed the dragon skin armor pretty close while I was in the USMC and haven't really much since leaving, but as of recently I have though about it lol. Pretty cool stuff.

11. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    Well, if you were in the Marine Corp I'll presume you now how to handle yourself as armed security, wherever you may be. Just treat it like it's a war zone, even although it really isn't, and you should be fine. Just be prepared for people to either love you because your an American or hate you for the same reason. Also, be very wary of trusting people, at least until you know them well.... that area of Europe is full of people that just plain can't be trusted to do anything other than lie, cheat, and steal when your back is turned. Now I've met some wonderful people from that area, but I've met a larger % of thieves and scam artists than anywhere else as well.

*No offense intended towards any residents of the former nation of Yugoslavia; I'm just referencing my experience acquired during several years of living in that part of the world.

12. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Dragon Skin was junk, it didn't work. If it got hot outside it wouldn't stop anything.

It was just another system that promised the world and under-delivered, and of course the media not knowing anything jumped on the bandwagon.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  13. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Riiiiiight .... not really, but whatever.

Just not sure how insane or stupid and uninformed can someone be to say something like, even tho its completely false, in this case.

Not starting a war thread or anything. But I have to respond to this insanity.

Slobodan Milosevic's private armies & generals were accused of that, for war in Bosnia ( not Kosovo ) , because it actually happen.
    And that regime completely destroyed this country, pretty much straight away, and then others in the process. None of this is anyone's opinion. Its a fact.
    The things you are talking about are non existent, and purely opinion and against me, for some reason. Like I ever said anything in favor of those things. The only thing I remember from those days is that 90% of population in Serbia, had a 10$ monthly salary, and were barely surviving each day. While criminals and lunatics, the leftovers of the communist regime were running the country waging pointless wars.

But not sure why I'm even writing this, since clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

14. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Well done, double win. Flaming the thread and also carrying on the war discussion despite my warning. Infraction to follow.

15. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    I'm sorry, but did you even see what that guy wrote ? lol
    He shouldn't be allowed to post that non sense in the 1st place...
    And none of my posts are pro war, in any way.

16. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Opinion is only opinion. Apology accepted, now back on topic for the OP.

17. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    Future Weapons right? badass, the company, Pinnacle Armor, went through some major **** for talking about the current body armor politics. I think they are still around though.

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This link explains very well why "Dragon Skin" was junk hyped up by the media.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14523

19. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    Dont put your life at risk for some fat ass corporation or whoever,moreover if they want to send you in a place torn apart by war and ethnic conflict.

20. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    As soon as you work for security irl, you're already kinda putting your life at risk