Possible to set an idle clock speed using rivatuner?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Xet, Jul 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Xet

Xet New Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870 XXX 512mb
    Hey all, I've just installed rivatuner to lock the memory of my 4870 at 900mhz, to avoid the flickering bug that happens in 2D mode.

So it's fixed the flickering issue, though now my graphics card is locked at the standard frequency and no longer goes into a lower-clocked powersaving mode when I'm doing standard computer stuff. Before the GPU would clock down to 200mhz and memory to 500mhz. I would have thought that I could have two locked-in settings - one for desktop mode, and one for gaming mode.

It's no real biggy - just that the gpu idles around 63c with the fan at about 45%. Load temps are fine - don't seem to go above 75c as far as I can tell.

Oh and also, I'm wondering if there's an app that can plot the temperature of the card onto a graph - I had an app that did this with my last nvidia card. At the moment I have to alt tab out of a game and take a quick look at the temperature to see where it's at, because it's just a single meter in CCC.

2. lenne

lenne Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    U need to edit the xml files from a new ccc profile, create one, then look in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE profiles.xml edit it with notepad, u can set idle voltages and core speeds / ram speeds there, dont go below 300 300 it doesnt work most of the time

for plotting use gpu z or rivatuner (enable record in rt )

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009