1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Solution For DX12 Stutter In Individual Games->EG:Metro Exodus/BF5

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by gerardfraser, Feb 17, 2019.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Explain what exactly? You listed a tons of tweaks. As for excluding exe-file from Windows Defender "attention" - it can have positive performance effect. Some settings there are applied only at the start of the process (memory randomization settings). Some should take effect during execution (DEP, CFG, SEHOP, heap integrity) - these protections require some extra code during execution, but with the modern CPU speeds several CPU instructions here and there should not cause heavy stutters.

2. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    I still get stutters to this day under DX12 but only with BF5. I have been on so many forums, some people say they don't have it, but most say they do.

it usually happens after an explosion but it's mostly random. I have gsync, and regardless of what graphics options I take it always happens.

The fixes in this thread don't work either. I just gave up with DXR on BF5, it doesn't matter if you have top end hardware, or which driver.