Possible Ryzen 7000-series CPU Specifications and Pricing Leak; Ryzen 9 7950X to Reach 5.7 GHz

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 4, 2022.

1. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 / 6900xt
    And the first listing is ......drums ......
    Ryzen 9 7950X For $892 US, Ryzen 9 7900X For $608 US, Ryzen 7 7700X For $480 US, Ryzen 5 7600X For $330 US

As expected nowhere near those dreamland prices we first heard of.

tunejunky likes this.
  2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    Pretty much as expected I suspect.

tunejunky likes this.
  3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    @tunejunky AMD stock is up over 28% in the last 30 days, the markets know what is coming.

tunejunky likes this.
  4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070

yes they do.
    for some all it took was the reporting from Google and AWS about AMD's server platform.
    for other's it was the (non-tech) analysts finally understanding AMD's simple (if difficult to execute) plan of lowering the cost of manufacture while improving performance. any breakdown of profit per unit sold highlights the differential between AMD and Intel on the profitability (not overall profits - Intel still has scale) of it's processes.
    at this point AMD is making higher profits at a lower cost to the end user. which is a win-win for everyone as it places downward market pressure on Intel (who has a far more expensive product at cost of manufacture).

Intel has to wait another generation before it can reap the (full) rewards of chiplets.

pegasus1 likes this.

5. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    my choice will depend on the mobo offerings.
    AMD is making Ryzen 9 a de facto HEDT with both the special mobos and the pricing
    Ryzen 7 the gaming line and Ryzen 5 the mainstream.

but that Ryzen 5 is going to kick ass and some more expensive competitors are going down.

my issue is not to replace my 5950x.
    i will be building a Ryzen either a 7900x or the 7800x3D
    because i suspect the nearly $300 differential between the 7950x and the 7900x would be better spent on a mobo for my (gaming) needs. and i expect to get one of the fancier mobos. the good m-atx and itx form factors won't come out until xmas (i expect over priced 1st one out models) so luckily i have old ATX cases i can build in until my desired (itx) mobo comes out. and as i'll have to recycle the 2070s in my hedt system i'll be looking for an entry level enthusiast (xx70/x800) to take it's place.

pegasus1 likes this.