Possible Ryzen 3000 Proc specifications have leaked - up to 16 Cores and 5.1 GHz

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Krzysztof

Krzysztof Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA56
    If its thats news is true , Intel Die and Cry :)

2. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Sapphire Tri-x
    New video

Jagman likes this.
  3. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070
    Well apart from the I/O die possibly not existing and the fact that the prices could change (no surprise there!) the leaks could be good. Fingers crossed here..... Still got the salt handy though ;)

4. Exodite

Exodite Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    There being no IO die neatly solves my concerns about how to fit two CPU chiplets + IO chiplet under an AM4 heatspreader.

It's unfortunate that AMD isn't able to reuse the CPU chiplet across their entire lineup but reasoning is at least compelling. I imagine Threadripper still will have one though, it makes more sense on that platform.

5. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Anyone else experiencing some crazy deja vu? I know I've seen this happen before... multiple times if not more. Heck, so many times i've completely lost count. Hmm... i just can't quite put my finger on it.

6. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    You mean people going insane over rumors, "fake news" and proxy promotions? Or there something about AMD being confident?

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Maybe

But this 4.875 -5.1ghz really makes sense now anyway you look at it. At least for normal 8core 16thread

Zen to zen+ was only 2nm shrinkage and they managed to squeeze another 200-300mhz. I bet my left limp they can do another 400-500mhz easy - going another 5nm lower to 7nm @ zen2.

This is if I look it as base 4 -4.1ghz by original zen.. so total ~ 4.8ghz.

Dunno why is this so hard to believe. I have harder time believing how they managed 200-300mhz with just 2nm shrink.

That said this 5ghz doesn't looks so far fetched anymore.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Jim needs to quit while hes dead last.

9. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Yeah and look what happened because of that, intel on top with no direct competition which means the desktop cpu market became stagnated and they just kept releasing quad core after quad core & charging over the top prices! Thank god for amd and ryzen, that gave intel the kick up the backside needed, fingers crossed zen 2 is as good as it looks going by these leaks and it competes with the new 10nm cpu's coming from intel. We never want just one company dominating the market, we'd probably have a shed load more games supporting & making use of multiple cores by now if it wasn't for intel sticking with 4 core cpus for so long. I see even the 7700k doesn't meet minimum specs for bf5 with ray tracing on, this is great news, sucks for those still using quad cores though but this is something I want to see more of with games supporting or even needing more than 4 cores.

Undying likes this.
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    IT only depends on electrical properties of given process. Taking Zen+ one core clock and what kind of voltage it requires...
    Zen+ can clock higher, but voltage requirements are really bad and that drastically increases power consumption too.

So, we may be lucky and 7nm made for (with) AMD may have good electrical properties and therefore allow for 5GHz. Or it may be 4.5GHz, but very power efficient.

11. HWgeek

HWgeek Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    I think ppl who like Silent PC's should be exited for the new 7NM products, Think about undervolted 8C or 16C with Passive cooling case! OMG!.

I am already planing to design slim Passive case for my 2700X+ RX470, no Fans/HDD's- just massive Heatsink/HeatPipes that will be much slimmer and smaller then my current Mid Tower Case.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    That will be pretty hard. On one side, you can have that CPU toned down to like 45W with small sacrifice in total performance.
    But that GPU... Cooling even 100W passively will not be easy.
    And you should not forget about VRMs on each component.

13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3600 and 3700X new best buy?

14. hell_knight

hell_knight Member

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Zen is going all out..they’ve definitely improved alot over the athlons, Intel will hace pressure all 2019 at this pace