1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Ryzen 3000 Proc specifications have leaked - up to 16 Cores and 5.1 GHz

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 5, 2018.

1. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    That would be awesome news if they announced it for next week release. Intel response would be priceless.

2. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070
    That looks like the Reddit leak info, if you watch Jims video again (I've now watched it 3 times!)

3. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB
    I was being sarcastic when I said that it sounds real, it doesn't and I don't trust AdoredTV.
    It's true that he did get a few things right about the RTX leak, but he got just as many things wrong, most likely this Ryzen leak has several things wrong with it as well.

Killian38 likes this.
  4. Arbie

Arbie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    So - who had better information then? Maybe his was the best available. He's very clear about the confidence level of his conclusions. You should include those caveats with any such list of imperfections. Plus, your performance figures are completely dependent on test cases, which he details but you don't. As for 7GB vs 8GB, well OK; big deal.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Then you'd one of the few. Jim's leak got a lot of attention on reddit after RTX was revealed and he gained a lot of credibility because of it. Of course he wasn't 100% correct but he got a lot of things right - a lot more than just someone spouting conspiracy theories (which is the way many people see him, including our own Hilbert). The thing is, if this Ryzen leak is anything like the RTX leak then Zen 2 will be an amazing processor.

BetA, Arbie and Jagman like this.
  6. Evildead666

Evildead666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega64EKWB 240PP12V
    Remember also that IF is doable over PCIe, and this will be PCIe4 iirc, so both the CPU's and GPU's chiplets will still have at least PCIe lanes to link to the I/O hub, probably 16/24/32 lanes each.

edit : cut (and inbetween themselves) after I/O hub.

7. SweenJM

SweenJM Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire 580x nitro
    3700x 5ghz @ 105w.....yes please. With ddr5 please, and a Navi video card to put with it.

8. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070
    ^ Sorry, DDR4. AM5 socket will be DDR5

9. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X H2O
    I'd be all over this like white on rice.

10. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970 Gtx
    Ya if this was with DDR5 ... I would have sell my left nut for it . But if they release it at CES they will have time for AM5 late 2019 ( sep - oct ) on my birthday :D

11. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070
    Hmmm, I think AM5 is around 2021. Zen 2+, 7nm+ will still be AM4 in 2020.

12. HWgeek

HWgeek Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    IF most of it true- Imagine the 9900K buyers face after they paid over 600$ for their "Best Gaming CPU EVER!" LMAO!.

Amigafan35 and MK80 like this.
  13. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070
    And by these AMD charts it would be around the 3600X, a mid range CPU :D

Amigafan35 and HWgeek like this.
  14. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Probably nothing. Most of them would probably be hardcore Intel fanboys who wouldn't touch an AMD CPU if you paid them.

carnivore and Fox2232 like this.
  15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Is it assumed that all of these will be socket AM4(+)? I'm a little hesitant to believe the "Ryzen 9s" will be a thing, but I do otherwise think these CPUs are feasible, when you consider how many cores AMD currently packs in Threadripper and Eypc dies.

If this is true, this is a very smart move. At this rate, AMD doesn't need to even try beating Intel in IPC - they know they can keep offering more cores at lower prices and there's nothing Intel can do about it. As long as AMD's low-end stuff outperforms Intel's mid-range while costing over $200 less in things like Cinebench, it doesn't matter if the scenario is unrealistic, that's going to make Intel look bad.

Killian38 likes this.

16. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070
    Well it looks as if you'll need a B550 or X570 for Ryzen 9 because of the power draw.

17. DW75

DW75 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    If this leak is true, the R7 3700X will be the one to get. Not only will this be tempting for new buyers, but also for people who currently own an R7 2700X. Much higher clock speeds, and an additional 4 cores and 8 threads at around same price point of the R7 2700X will be extremely enticing.

18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    I don´t know if this is such a smart move for them, at least in the long run. If they double the cores and increase IPC and core speeds all in one go then what are they going to offer the year after??? They can´t add cores forever and smaller processes are going to be almost non existent...
    That´s why i´m having an hard time believing this story but i could be wrong.

HandR likes this.
  19. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Great point, but as of right now AMD's strategy (from what I can tell) is to increase the demand for higher thread count and to get more people buying their products. The more their marketshare grows and the more people are happy with their PCs, the more they win against Intel. So yeah, this strategy might not hold up so well in the long run but AMD's short run has for many years just been doing anything to stay afloat. Now that their debt isn't a major issue anymore, now's their chance to actually legitimately fight back.

20. HWgeek

HWgeek Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    How the *** Human Race could Evolve and go to other planets if until 2018 it was stuck on Dual core and Quad core PC's? With coming revolution in the PC industry - with the new boost in PC performance- the Software development will come too, we were stuck for 10 years, and now we can work for better future!