1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 790

790 Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX660 2Gb
    Maybe, 1 checkbox (or 1 key in cfg) to disable all graphs? Each time it is necessary to disable all by one and then turn on and attach some one again.

Maybe this key invisible only for me? ;)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    poby likes this.
  2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC

3. 790

790 Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX660 2Gb
    I don't know why need such complexity. All attached graphs are lost. Need to attach it again.

When I open the monitoring settings window, the mouse focus is placed on the first window: hw polling period. I have turn the mouse wheel to find the desired graph and settings of the polling period can be changed accidentally.

I`m working and playing at night. The brightness of my monitor on 0. The grid is not visible. Where is the end of one graph and the beginning of another one? It`s hard to see.
    Why RT-monitoring doesn't have these problems? ;)

4. omg

omg New Member

GPU:
    1080 ti
    Could you please extend the maximum possible downclock for memory? For mining, with some algos, it is sometimes beneficial to decrease the memory clock (doesn't affect the hashing rate, but does lower power consumption and temperatures), and it seems like MSI AB only allows -502 MHz at most, while nvidia inspector and palit thunderstorm allow up to -1000 MHz. But MSI AB is obviously a better tool overall (gpu voltage curve support, fan curve, all the monitoring stuff etc), so it would be really nice if it was possible to decrease the memclock to lower than -502 values with Afterburner. Please please please! :)

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    a cool idea for the OSD : rendering resolution or internal resolution

some games claim they run native 1080p or higher but it looks like it's running 75% of that chosen resolution like Attack on Titan and Street Fighter 4

it would be cool to be able to report the real internal res for people who look for clean IQ and screenshot fans

6. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    If you could convince MSI to tell their App Developer to fix the MSI Afterburner Remote App for Android that would be a functionality "upgrade".
    Because currently you can't apply any overclocking because you need to press the menu buton which has been absent in Android for about 3years...

7. Dragonstongue

Dragonstongue Member

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3 OC
    Not sure if mentioned, but would be really awesome if could have user definable P states to "lock in" clock rates.
    yes my 7870 is old, but,
    lowest minimum 150/300 and .825v saves power and very cool running very awesome
    next "step" 450/1200 even when do not seem to need the memory clock rate jump that large a gap and volts go to .900 (I can clock up to like 875 core with that amount of volts for no increase in temps)
    final step is full clocks which is 1050/1200 default at 1.219v

I can raun 525/600 .856v lowest manually edited stays 1-5c just a hair more power than lowest idle clock
    but setting it to this does not seem to "lock" the clocks at 525/600 .856v always jumps to 450/1200 .900v when any load internet or gaming happens
    at my "normal" 3d manual edit up to 967/1250 1050v same thing will drop back to 450/1200 even when 3d type load lol.

anyways, would be EXCELLENT, if we had a way to edit P states through afterburner directly so the jumping up/down is a bit more "locked in" especially if we know where our card is "happy" as far as clocks/volts are concerned.
    Not sure how Nvidia does this these days (not care much really) Radeon guy here, have been for many years now.
    to be able to "fine tune" the P states would be a very good thing to have, maybe the way profiles work, but a separate set of profile numbers to modify or something along these lines.

Hell for some reason now, seems like when reboot shows as 650/1200 1.219v which is not even the default in anyway shape or form.
    Crimson 1.7.1.2..Win7 64, MSI Radeon 7870 TFIII 2GDR5 OC

Unlikely to happen, would be extra excellent ^.^ if there was some kind of "performance state tuning" that was extra stressful test of sorts so it can fine tune at least "roughly" for the low 2d, 3d, high 3d, extreme 3d or something along these lines..

Anyways, thanks so much for Afterburner have loved what it offers now for many years, keep up the stellar work ^.^ o7

8. Lightless

Lightless New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 390
    Depending on the hardware and its drivers, certain info can take longer to poll, or cause stuttering when polled too frequently. Would it be possible to allow individual polling rates per graph in the future to mitigate this issue?

9. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    @Unwinder

Seasons greetings! :)

I was wondering if GPU Hotspot temperature and SOCCLK could be added to monitoring for VEGA in MSI AB.

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I don't find it useful, sorry. The core of hardware monitoring module is never getting support for data, which can be displayed on a single (and not best selling) GPU model only. But Vega owners can always create the plugin for displaying it themselves.

11. newbee

newbee New Member

GPU:
    Rx 560, 570
    For mining purposes (maybe, not only) it'd be useful to have possibility to configure cards from command line one-by-one using command line switches. I know, the profiles can be used for that. However the profiles feature is not good enough for this purpose.

12. Unwinder

Dear miners,
    Please, no need to spam me via PMs if your “nice” ideas of supporting more cards are not directly commented in the forum. Endless spam in PM and attempts to attract attention to yourself via insulting will just get you isolated from the forum.

Andy_K likes this.
  13. onemoar

onemoar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    I still would like to see per application overclock profiles for RTSS
    I would love to be able to set custom clock/fan speed profiles per application

on my htpc I run some pretty demanding video scalers and the card gets quiet noisy at overclocked speeds because of my fan curve

but I don't want to to manually switch profiles everytime. I open mpdn and then switch it back when I wanna play a demanding game on

id like to be-able to load a underclocked or reference clock profile for applications that don't need a lot of power but need to run for extended periods (days)

14. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    Would it be possible to add hw accelerated h.265 encoding to MSI-AB?

janos666 likes this.
  15. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    Hello mr. Unwinder, any plan to add support for monitoring GPU voltage / temp. monitoring for integrated gfx that AMD Ryzen 2200/2400G have? GPU voltage is not available, while GPU temp. is but shows 0C all the time. Unified GPU monitoring does nothing.

16. Unwinder

17. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    Np. Forgot that we can use HWINFO for that if we really need it :)

18. Killian38

Killian38 Master Guru

GPU:
    Is it possible for AB to detect any cryptocurrency software installed and if AB finds said software installed on the PC that AB is running on it will refuse to make changes to the graphics card/cards until the crypto software is removed? If not, can we please get this!!

19. Unwinder

Nope, sorry. I'm not a fan of mining and miners, I won't follow miner's feature requests, but also there will be no any artificial restrictions in software for them.

20. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Wow dude. What sort of thought process is that? "Please screw over miners because you think they cause the high GPU prices?" o_O
    And how exactly would this work? MSI AB digging through system files to find the folder where the miner exe file is virus scan style? :rolleyes:

Can we not harass Unwinder with absurd, poorly thought out requests like this?

Just FYI: You do realize it's not miners exclusively causing the high GPU prices. They're currently only a minor contributor to global GPU prices.
    Fabs are at max capacity right now, mobile and server chips are in high demand with large growth - they use the same fabs. Same deal with the RAM shortage - that alone adds $25+ increase to the current price. But most importantly, lead time on orders GPU makers put in is several months. If they buy a ton of cards to meet demand and ship them via air instead of sea (3 months), their shipping cost will raise the price. Cheap shipping via sea takes so long that by the time they get there the market could have changed and RAM and chip prices could drop, demand could go down, etc. and they get screwed like in 2014/5.

This might help you afford a new GPU. I used my 1070 to afford a 1080 Ti.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasone...out-gpu-prices-and-start-mining/#3fc486129d7b

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.