1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anDrasch

anDrasch Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Thats why i search for him and gave him a kindly meant hint.
    It is still in beta and is not officially linked.

2. gruia

gruia Member

GPU:
    MSI 260x OC
    this might have been reported before. I'm a sucker for efficiency.
    Features :
    I'd like After burner to set the clock profile even wider. (as low as minimum clock values)

Also, there should be a better / more accessible way to add profiles to apps / exclude applications from profiles. Currently I have to go back and forth from Afterburner to RSS.

And as an improvement to RSS, when adding a new Application, the running aps should be first target (drag and drop cursor to it)

Bugs:
    user defined fan controls isn't saved for me
    after adding an application to "none" detection, the current profile doesn't revert

3. credo

credo New Member

GPU:
    7950/3024
    Please add a plug-in for LCDHYPE as in RivaTuner plugin v1.0

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Well, D3DOverride fuctionality would be a killer feature, especially for 64-bit apps. Heck, I want that feature so bad... It would also be really cool if one could also inject FXAA and SMAA with it since using injectors and another tool for post processing aa does not work well together.

5. nemirko

nemirko New Member

Profile Scheduler

Ok Can you implement SCHEDULED PROFILES , so I can set automaticaly profile 1 from 22 PM to 8 AM , profile 2 from 8 AM to 15 PM , profile 3 from 15 PM to 22 PM , and so on,... or something like that :)

I think that is not a problem but for me it would be very useful :)

Or better Idea, if any of GPU or CPU go above given temperature than it automaticali switch to some another profil

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  6. Truckchase!

Truckchase! Member

GPU:
    Don't expire "beta" builds or publish a new stable build. :hort:

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

A few more nonsense posts about expiring betas and I'll stop providing public betas at all.

8. pickle

pickle New Member

GPU:
    b
    recommend:i only use rivatuner statistics+rivatuner now,so like others said,i want shaders,please add 'sweetfx' shaders like FXAA, LUMASHARPEN, VIBRANCE, LIFTGAMMAGAIN, SPLITSCREEN(for testing) with graphical slider to adjust ALL parameters of each(ie for lumasharpen set sharp strength, clamp,pattern bias to get best result with least fps drop),add these to rvss same as it has fps limiter(since i use it), dont want smaa shaders they blur image just fxaa requires more cpu but actually removes jagged edge without blur(and support shaders3.0 on dx9,opengl so works on older nvidia cards)

info:i dont use afterburner,i still use rivatuner since about version 1, to this day only overclock program that works in xp with nvidia drivers since drivers v3xx i only set the 3d speed in it(other programs dont let card drop back to 2d speeds), and recently i use rivatuner statistics as fpslimiter, i never figured out what d3doverrider is every game i tried in got slower fps or crashed more so never used, i still like rivatuner over afterburner because the opengl and directx tweaks in rivatuner(like pixel shader forcing,enable all intellisample forces)and still working fan controller using autofanspeedcontrol-3 and adjustable temperature ramp up(only negative is too bad the vsync force prerender doenst work anymore since nvidia locked at 4 i want force to 8 which always gave higher fps but just wont force past 4)

9. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    What?
    This is the first time I hear about SMAA will blur the image more than FXAA...

And as you has SweetFX, why not just using SweetFX?
    RTSS has the setting to let custom direct3d like SweetFX working, except x64 games.

Except SweetFX is dead, I don't really see a good reason to adding this into MSI AB/RTSS...

10. Truckchase!

Truckchase! Member

GPU:
    Please be specific, how many?

11. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    Not one. Go troll somewhere else.

Most users are grateful for public betas as am i. Keep up the good work Unwinder and remove these OT posts...

12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Go away, seriously.

13. Spekkie

Spekkie New Member

GPU:
    3x 5870 1GB
    I use HWiNFO64 to display al kinds of sensor data with RTSS but since I got my logitech G15 keyboard it would be nice if it were possible to output the RTSS output on the G15 lcd.

Afterburner itself is capable of outputting sensor data to the G15 LCD, but it can't monitor all the sensors I would like to see...
    HWiNFO64 also has the capability to output readings to the G15 LCD but is too limited...

For me it would be the ideal solution to be able to output the RTSS string to the G15 LCD just like afterburner does, or to bring back the plugin support so afterburner can monitor all the sensors I need.

Still since Afterburner is already capable of displaying sensordata on the G15 LCD, my guess is that it wouldn't be too hard to do the same for RTSS?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  14. bluedevil

bluedevil Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 760 CU II 2GB
    Adding Total CPU Usage Percentage to OSD would be nice so we can easily detect which games are quad core optimized

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Adding FXAA or/and SMAA would be great though since this seems to be a bit different in scope or how to say it would probably be a lower priority.

Although what with the current discussion and MSI seeming to want a 3.0.0 release as soon as possible I guess it might take a while before a new beta with new features is released.
    (If there will even be further public betas.)

16. fabiovtec

fabiovtec Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 270X @1270
    Can you guys add voltage control for amd r9 270x?
    asus gpu tweak and trixx have but msi ab is better

17. luke76bg

luke76bg Active Member

GPU:
    7950 boost edition
    One day afterburner will support control voltage for 7950 boost edition ? I can't change voltage, with every combination of options used in the settings. It's greyed out! I need this so much because trxx don't have power limit option, and sometimes radeon pro is incompatible with some games, last is daylight, doesn't work on my pc with radeon pro open. And Radeon pro can set the power limit for application. I need both option for my oc to work and control voltage is really needed!

18. Imperious

Imperious Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix GTX1070
    I'll second that.
    I have a MSI gaming R9 270 (non x)
    Using Trixx and AB, but would love to use AB only.

19. link111

link111 New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 770
    @msi-afterburner I really like your application, it is very complete and compatible also the best OSD, but lacks an important monitoring parameter such as the GPU VRM temperature.

Thank you for your time.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    edit: was a plugin hookup conflict, MSI rtss + Winamp milkdrop works perfect, be it windowed or fullscreen mode :thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.