Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiyiko

Kiyiko New Member

GPU:
    ASUS 6950 2G
    My fabulous suggestion is.... What about the standard window controls on the detached graph window? (minimize, maximize, close)
    Would be great for people who run the graphs in a separates screen, and want to easily fill it with their datas :D

or even... is it possible for a fullscreen (or faux fullscreen) that would play nicely with games?

Awesome program! no more fraps >:3

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  2. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Do not get me wrong, I too wish MSI would pay Unwinder to put in CPU monitoring. Heck, I would even be willing to assemble a bounty for him to do it.

That, and the ability to adjust the fan speeds / fan curves on different cards independently.

But it looks as if it is not in the cards.

3. Mr.Bean

Mr.Bean New Member

GPU:
    GB GTX560 1GB
    Hi, thanks for this amazing program.

I have WinXP, GTX560, driver 266.66 and i can't disable the switch to Low Performance 3D. This driver not have the option "Prefer Maximun Performance" in Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings, and i have slowdowns in some old games :(

Please you can add this feature to force it ? Thanks :)

4. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380
    What you are looking for is called " Force constant performance. " RivaTuner had this feature. I have PM Unwinder asking for this feature.

My older games don't push the GPU hard enough and the result is the speed constantly changes, I mean constantly changes between the 2D speed and the Intermediate speed which can not be healthy for the GPU.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

5. Mr.Bean

Mr.Bean New Member

GPU:
    GB GTX560 1GB
    I believe this problem can be solved very easily :)

I see that Afterburner can call 3D Full Performance mode (P-State P0 in GTX560) at any time.

If you select profile1 and press apply button, Afterburner jump to P-State P0 with the profile1 settings.

The problem is automatic downvolting and downclocking to Low 3D settings (P-State P8 in GTX560) after 15 seconds, programmed at BIOS o driver level, i don't know.

I've tested manually apply profile each 12 seconds, the result is constant P-State P0

Now, i need apply profile1 automatically each 12 seconds.

In Global Profile HotKeys set Profile1 to key F8, install "Automate v6.1", and program one loop that send F8 key each 12 seconds.

I've tested in desktop and some old games and work perfect, P-State P0 work all the time ;)

I would like this option to loop the hotkey included in the amazing afterburner, to avoid another program in the background consuming resources to make this easy task :cheers:

6. Mr.Bean

Mr.Bean New Member

GPU:
    GB GTX560 1GB
    NEWS !! :bigsmile:

With Nvidia Inspector v1.9.5.5 you can Force P-State P0 all the time, add this command line to the shorcut and check the box "Try hold P0".

"...\Nvidia Inspector\nvidiaInspector.exe" -showFermiClocks

Is necessary to leave open Nvidia Inspector to work.

7. jazpaisley

jazpaisley New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N98TOC-1GI
    I would like to have the Afterburner program resume after S3 sleep mode.
    Windows 7 x64 SP1, 4gb memory, windows startup works fine.

8. ctn

ctn Member

Add powertune controls.
    Show VRM temp for 6950.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  9. nuno_p

nuno_p Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE\OC
    Can you add Graphics card memory temperature monitoring?

10. Solace50

Solace50 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 560 ti 2gb SLI
    have you given any thought to providing some form of flashing? or would you believe this to be to troublesome having to deal with the vast amount of people complaining on bricked cards and what not despite warnings are given. i mean ati even has dual bios on some cards allowing for users to recover from such issues, maybe just make it independent to ati models that have the feature to limit issues from people who tend to do before they read.

other then that forcing a constant power state like in rivatuner was extremely handy for when nvidia messes up a driver release and cards are downclocking in games and such

D3Doverrider is a very handy tool to be included as well

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011

11. k10ck3r

k10ck3r New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 6870
    How about a feature for app profiles that lets you disable low-level monitoring.

This would help with the punkbuster mess we have been dealing with lately on BC2. I am guessing that it will take a while for PB to fix their issues (and who knows - it will probably come back again in the future even if they do fix it).

The benefit is that we could get the basic monitoring we want in game (temp, framerate) without killing RTCore.cfg.

I see this as a nice compatibility option that could apply to more than just bc2. Something to consider anyway ... thanks.

12. dude1159

dude1159 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 Extreme 1GB
    Add core voltage control for nonreference design Saphhire 5850 Extreme graphics cards with CHL8214-01 voltage regulators

13. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    You are joking dude1159, right? Re-read what you just requested:
    Afterburner is an MSI product. Why not use Trixx?

14. unixguru88

unixguru88 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 4650
    Is there any progress on integrating D3doverider with afterburner? Stalker cop and Metro 2033 are almost unplayable without it.

15. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Nope. MSI don't seem to be interested in it.

16. smut

smut Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    Hello Unwinder and thanks for the great program. There is a couple things that are mainly convenience suggestions.

Is there a way to add snap functionality to the program? So if I move the program near the edge of the screen it will snap perfectly to the edge of the screen. I am not sure if this snap functionality is specific to Win7 or not. If you do not understand what I mean, I will try to explain it better.

Is there a reason why the detached monitor window can not be maximized using the maximize button? I thought maybe there must be a technical reason for it. I am aware you can make it larger manually, but the maximize button would be an extra convenience.

Lastly, is there a way to turn off the hardware monitoring window so just the main Afterburner window is shown? If not, is this feasible to add? I looked in the options but didn't see anything about it. Thanks for reading my suggestions/questions.

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  17. Xeizell

Xeizell New Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 660 TF OC
    I have suggestion, I like the new show system time feature for OSD. So we can see the time without alt-tab ing or turn your head around to find the clock, hehehe. Small request though, can you make the time in 12-hours am/pm system? That would be cool! :D

Thanks before.

18. DeerDance

DeerDance Member

GPU:
    GTX560ti
    Here's one suggestion, it really bugs me how the icons in system tray are set up.

If I set afterburner to show current temperature in tray, could it just use existing airplane icon and replace it with the temperature? So there is only single icon in tray for msi afterburner.

I find it really annoying that I have MSI afterburner right there in system tray, always visible, but I can't click it because it takes me to damn options.

Why? Why would I or anyone want go to options so often that it should to be so accessible? Should not the left click on the temperature icon show rather history of temperature where you can see max temp and all the other monitoring stuff(main application window) - the stuff that people want to see much MUCH more often than options.

So please

either set temperature icon in systray to have option to choose where to go upon left clicking or merge the icons in to one that will go to main window where anyone can go in to setting with the next click, no big deal.

19. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    where can i find Android MSI Afterburner Overclocking App?

20. velocityx

velocityx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    microphone input to record your voice when youre making your game video would be very cool to have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.