Poor performance on Phenom 9550

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by akayd, Aug 9, 2008.

1. akayd

akayd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 w/ ACX cooler
    i am using AMD Phenom 9550 with my 8800 GT and i ran a test with 3dmark06

the SM2.0 Graphics test was fine with average of 50 fps.

however my CPU test is extremely poor, i get around 1 fps and i have to cancel the test because it will takes forever

i have already updated my bios which already improved my problem abit =\

please help, thank you =)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. Lowteckh

Lowteckh Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850 @ stock
    Well duh, cuz it's a CPU test that runs 60 frames or so. And stop using 06 already, so ancient so inaccurate so useless nowadays.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    xp cant use vantage

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    let the whole test run and give the score the cpu test will run @1 fps dont worry

5. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Yep my quad does the same in 3dmark06. Nothing to worry about.

6. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Confirmed - my 9850BE at 3.5GHz still does 1FPS (sometimes 2 here and there) - it only runs for 30 seconds or so, so just let it run!

Also, about benchmarking, they're really only good to compare your current overclock to previous settings, they're not good for anything else. You're not going to be bragging like the people in the 20,000 + range unless you've got a system like theirs, and benchmarks aren't even a fair indicator of how well your system will perform in games...

Don't forget the most important reason you built your system (presumably) - to PLAY GAMES! It's easy to get caught up in the benchmark hype, spending countless hours trying to squeeze an extra 100 points out, but in the end, it's not the points that matter, it's the enjoyment of using your computer for what you built it for, be it gaming, video conversion/editing, photo editing, etc.

Psychlone

7. akayd

akayd Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX770 w/ ACX cooler
    lol what do i use then.....06 is like the newest they got for direct x9

8. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Like I said, using benchmarks are really only useful for displaying the differences between overclocks for a single system, although most people still buy into the hype and get all caught up in the whole process and try to compare their systems to other people's systems, and I can guarantee you that no matter how bad-a$$ you think your system is, there's 1000 other people out there that are faster.

Benchmarking should ONLY be used for comparing an overclock on your own system. For example, I run SuperPi and Everest Cache and Memory Benchmark before an overclock, then run it again after changing some settings and compare the differences to see what's giving me the most bandwidth...this way, I can tell what's working and what isn't.
    Running 3DMark 01 all the way to Vantage is completely useless unless you're overclocking your video card and wanting to compare overclocked results to previous results.

Don't buy into the hype of benchmarks, they're completely useless for anything but what I've mentioned to you.

If you want to check your CPU on a benchmark, leave FutureMark products out of the mix altogether.

Here are some of the benchmarks that I use on a regular basis when testing my system - and NOT to compare to other's systems:

Everest Ultimate Cache and Memory Benchmark
    SuperPi
    MaxPi
    wPrime
    SiSoft Sandra XIIc

There is also a plethora of benchmarks in the DOWNLOAD section here at Guru3D, mostly for GPU benchmarking, but there are a few for CPUs...

Psychlone