Pontiac G5 GT 2.4l 5spd

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TylerTron21, Sep 16, 2007.

1. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

Well my Intense Stage 4 Cobalt SS/SC was hit by a drunk redneck last week and I'm looking for another replacement. This time with cheaper insurance and car payments. The Balt was keeping me in the whole every week with the payments.

And here is my alternative.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2006/07/pontiac_g5_coup.html

It's really a Cobalt SS but with better interior,CD player, rear bumper and lights and more of a tighter build, no SC version tho. Which can be a good thing, seeing as ill really save me money in the long run. Then after about 10,000 miles my first engine mod will be this:

http://www.tntautosport.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=208

Ive done my research for about a week now and it looks like I'm gonna get it.

With my balt I was PUSHING 240hp to the wheels, couldnt really go any higher, so turbo is my way to go, simply more potental.
    Plus I'm talking to Hahns about if this upgrade/kit will work with the G5 from the Sky or Solsice. (same 2.4l)

http://www.turbo-kits.com/sky_turbo_kits.html

If anyone has a Gm car with the 2.4l Ecotech with VVT or heck even a G5 GT please let me know how its doin or the mods you have.

My other last car was a 2001 Olds Alero with a 2.4l non eco or vvt and I loved it, my moms car is a Vibe with VVT but its only a 1.8L and im driving it right now :p haha its slow but wants to go fast..

but thanks guys for anything. and sorry if in wrong place.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2007
  2. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    Wow that sucks. Seems like you really liked that car. Maybe you could try something different. But maybe I'm just saying that because I'm not a Chevy guy. :p

I fell in love with this car: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_SC You could probably find a used one for a nice price, and the motor handles mods really well apparently.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  3. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

man thats a nice lexus you got there. I have a few friends with nice 240's and 80's. Which the lexus is alittle different and more luxury too. But yea man I might have gone with another brand but kinda cant =[

Dad is a Gm guy, and he gets a hella discount on the cars. Ive had great luck with them tho. I LOVED the balt, it was so great to me, the only complaint was the torque steer and fear of snapping a axle every time I inched on the gas at lower speeds. But it raped almost anything that pulled up to it. (lost to vetts, and some Sti's)

Late next year if i decide to move out i might look at getting a BMW or somthing, want go RWD with turbo :) I also like the NEW Honda Civic SI (I know I know civics are gay) but hey the new Si is sweet. Tobad you gotta rev the hell out of them to make power when stock.
    And man Saturn Sky or Evolution would be nice :p haha. Insurance... ekk

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2007
  4. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yea RWD is the way to go. FWD is no fun when you try to get it sideways. :)

BTW: I don't actually own the Lexus, but I want buy it once I get the money and a driver's license, which will hopefully be by the end of december.

5. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Wanna, gonna, shunna.
    Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Don't say, just do. Like the Nike slogan.

6. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:

And then make a bad choice. You really need to think over these kinds of things, you'll be driving that car every day, it better be what you wanted.

7. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

Yea thinking over things is what ill be doing for a couple more weeks on the car. But i think im set on the G5. BTW i can slide a fwd car really good, flick trick with some speed, and tap the brakes. Defently not a newb when it come to having fun in cars =D But still no brake stand or perfect donuts. grrr the fun in my friend 2001 camero ss :)
    But i dont blindly abuse either.

And ive made the decision to keep the car for ATLEAST 4 years. or 60,000 miles.

BUt for now it has to be GM and no more than 22k msrp. which leads to about 16 after dads stuff.

Haha sorry for the rambling

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2007
  8. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    The only thing from GM in that price range that I would get it the Cobalt

why gm? come over to the ford side. Mazda Speed3

9. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

yea they are nice cars. I like them and they win alot of shoot outs.

and wow 280lbs torque at 3k rpm......:) i like.

the MS3 has always been in my mind since the balt, ill talk to my dad about it, he is ok with a Ford. :)

later, and thanks for bringing that car to mind again.

10. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    What about the MS6? Bigger, but AWD. I've read that the 3 gets crazy torque steer.

11. darknight909

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    yeah no problem, my friend just bought a 2007 Mazda 3 last week. I love the cars.

@mad cow i said the speed3 because its more within the price range he gave

12. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:

Well you could probably find a use MS6 for that price.

13. darknight909

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    Used, yes. New it costs 28k

a speed3 new is 22k

14. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

I seen a Mazda 6 ad 3, both used 2006 models, both under 30k miles.

il lgo back tomorrow and look, but DOUBT ill get, :(

but other than that, G5, with turbo. so il be ok :)

15. Lie495s14

Lie495s14 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 / Dell.2209wa
    have u ever driven a subaru Legacy GT with turbo? It has power and laxury.

16. Rampagingkorean

Rampagingkorean Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt
    civics arent gay its what u do to them that can make them gay.....my 2 cents if u want cheap speed rsx type s or a 350z (not as cheap)