Poll: What graphics card manufacturer do you currently game on NVIDIA or AMD?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Jan 19, 2020.

?

What graphics card manufacturer do you currently game on NVIDIA or AMD?

1. NVIDIA

36 vote(s)
    73.5%
  2. AMD

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    What graphics card manufacturer do you currently game on NVIDIA or AMD?

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I mean you can clearly see that nvidia forum section here on guru3d have much more visits and posts. That can give you an idea.

Btw i wonder will @Hilbert Hagedoorn add an Intel gpu/driver section this year.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    AMD for now though the driver situation gave some thoughts on the next upgrade since performance/price can not really function without stability though I am very interested in how things will go when this does eventually turn around and the upcoming competition between Navi20 whatever and Ampera whatever even if AMD might not match the 3080 series plus the competition in itself could give consumers better pricing and other benefits although overall I am fairly expectant that GPU prices will see another rise this year overall whether low, mid or enthusiast range but we'll see. :)

And yeah Intel also has a set both for the integrated GPU's and the upcoming card however it will end up. (Compute oriented geared more like a mid-spec card comparably against AMD and NVIDIA though if it's workstation oriented it might be against that lineup instead.)

Also yeah pretty sure overall that NVIDIA is quite dominant on the Windows desktop segment and workstation well CUDA gives a edge from my limited knowledge on this although as a more enthusiast forum AMD might have seen some improvements on the low and mid range segment although less so for their newest cards which also only recently entered the market and more so for lowered pricing and sales of the existing Polaris and Vega line of GPU's though more so for the 500 series Polaris than the more pricier Vega 56 or Vega 64 as those are in a slightly higher pricing category. :D

EDIT: Yes I very much don't do shorter posts, could just have gone with "I'm using a AMD GPU." but no had to be a longer series of thoughts and views on the situation overall and other insights and expectations ha ha!

EDIT: Or maybe "I'm on team red, there's been some setbacks but I'm somewhat of a hopeless optimist." well not quite *that* bad really.

[​IMG]

(CPU side is doing well after all. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WeHaveReserves ~ )

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    airbud7 likes this.
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Matrox!

Size_Mick likes this.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I think these results are more realistic than JPR's.

6. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    Rocking the Hercules 3D Prophet 4800!!!

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Thats basically a market share right now.

airbud7 likes this.
  8. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Novidia here! Literally getting no video if video card doesn't feel like working.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    I'll gladly switch to AMD once they release something similar or better than nVidias next flagship.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    NVIDIA.

Always have been and for the foreseeable future, always will be.

Remember buying a x1950xTx back in the day for it not to work. Went straight back to NVIDIA.

The1 likes this.

11. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    I need a "both" option. ;)

airbud7 and fantaskarsef like this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Nvidia. I had an ATI 8500 LE way back in the day that gave me lots of trouble so I never had any reason to go back. Main reason for using Nvidia, digital vibrance. May not seem like a big deal but that feature alone makes image quality so much better looking imo, it's always the first thing I enable after installing new drivers.

13. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2060 OC
    I have no particularly loyalty to one corporation over another - they're a company, they can't reciprocate your love! I'll get whatever card I feel is giving me the best bang for buck at the price point I'm looking at. My first card was 3DFX but I've bought both Nvidia and AMD since then.

My previous card was an RX 480. The 1060 was released a few weeks later, but the RX 480 was decently priced at the time. I went with an RTX 2060 this time, firstly because I genuinely am interested in new features like ray tracing rather than just 'moar frames', and I wanted to be able to use Moonlight, and also because I got a good price on a factory overclocked model (I bought a reference RX 480 and regretted that, didn't want to make the mistake of buying reference again). I don't regret this purchase at all, though if I were buying a card now I'd more likely get an RX 5700 and flash it to an almost-XT. That's the nature of PC hardware, there's always a better deal around the corner.

airbud7 likes this.
  14. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX580 8GB
    AMD RX580
    S3 Virge + 3Dfx Voodoo1
    Ati rage 3D + 3Dfx Voodoo2

airbud7 likes this.
  15. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU: