POLL: HOW MUCH WILL THE PS5 BE PRICED AT?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Loobyluggs, Mar 28, 2020.

?

POLL: HOW MUCH WILL THE PS5 BE PRICED AT?

1. £/$/€ 200

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. £/$/€ 249

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. £/$/€ 299

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. £/$/€ 349

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. £/$/€ 399

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. £/$/€ 449

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  7. £/$/€ 499

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. £/$/€ 549

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  9. £/$/€ 599

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  10. £/$/€ 649

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    There will be standard PCIe v4 SSDs with a Sony approved logo on them. Meaning they will be fast enough and will fit in the compartment, but will not be proprietary (unlike Xbox ones). Also I imagine that some of the games, at least in the first years, will not necessarily require to be installed on the SSD and could work fine on an external drives (with HDDs or SSDs on the inside).

Personally I do not tend to play more than 2-3 games, so I’m not worried about the capacity. I do use external drive for my PS4 (I have only a 512G SSD in it) as a storage for games. Copying them over is faster than re-downloading and should be even more so on the PS5.

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I won't be spending any extra money adding more costly propriety SSD to the XBS or PS5, i will just do what i am doing now, a nice standard bang for buck 2/4 gig external 3.0 HDD, or in fact the ones i am using at the moment, so if a game runs or loads better from these new SSD drives then i will just copy it across from the external, same as i am doing now, so no big deal as the copy speeds have been very good from external to internal and back on these present consoles, and yes SSD are very fast but bang for buck they are not, from amazon right now i can get a 6tb external usb 3 for the price of a 1tb SDD, and those are normal PC drives, imagine the price of these new PS5/XBS propriety or certified ones. lol

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well at least on the PS5 you can repurpose those SSDs between the console and a PC, or vice versa. There won’t be many holes you can put the Xbox ones in ..

Loobyluggs likes this.
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    They will send one free to my address ;).
    /
    Price. Guesstimate around 499.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    I am starting to think that the digital PS5 will be £429 and the standard model £499 now, at most. I do not think Sony will go above that because those early sales are important in generating hype so pricing the console too high, like the Xbox One and PS3 were at launch (both £429 here in the UK), ultimately leads to lower sales in the important transition period between generations. More console sales equals more developer support and more games which equals more console sales etc etc.

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    As I said on the first page: Sony pull in $266 MILLION every single month from subscriptions, I think they can eat a tonne of 'profit'.

Darren Hodgson and serbicu like this.
  7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Rumor is $599 right now. And also developers saying they can't hit native 4k. Guess we will see. Ps4 Pro can do 1440p so I'm not sure how PS5 can't do 4k.

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    So, most of you were right, and I was totally wrong!

anxious_f0x likes this.